This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Non Raced Thread

Whilst driving along the carriageway at a merry 56mph i was astonished to see a hooligan indicate and proceed to overtake me almost breaching the 60mph limit.
    After seeing red at this blatant disregard for the safety of other road users i thought it best not to react to this road racer so i pulled over at the first safe and convenint place to do so.
    I counted to 10 then checked my mirrors and proceeded safely on my journey.

Has anyone else had similar experiences they wish to share??
    Sorry if the content of this post has made anyone uncomfortable but these are real life situations that occur on our roads and i thought i would share it with you.

P.S. I was tempted to flash my lights but i do realise that this would be irresponsible and before you know it everyone would be flashing their lights :?

non use of indicators really gets me flaming all the time, must try the old count to 10 next time, thanks mate

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie
      non use of indicators really gets me flaming all the time, must try the old count to 10 next time, thanks mate
      Yeah me too. Why do people not use them!! I'm not sure what is more annoying, people changing lanes on the motorway and not indicating (very annoying and dangerous when they do it right in front of you!) or middle lane hoggers that just won't move over regardless of the amount of passing traffic!

...and breath..

Comment

I once once got over taken on the motorway by a driver in the middle lane doing 60mph. I couldn't believe how fast he was going

I was in the slow lane and watched him cruise off into the distance, I thought to myself "he won't get there any faster".

Comment

Originally posted by Toddy
          I once once got over taken on the motorway by a driver in the middle lane doing 60mph. I couldn't believe how fast he was going

I was in the slow lane and watched him cruise off into the distance, I thought to myself "he won't get there any faster".
          And think of the extra fuel he must have burnt
          Total maniac if you ask me!!

Comment

Originally posted by m4rtc

Im sorry I cant help but feel your sports exhaust, lowered suspension and general silveriness of your car probably encouraged this extremely dangerous high speed manoevre.
            Why can't you just drive a dark green Rover 216 at 45 MPH all the time?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKVXR
              Originally posted by m4rtc

Im sorry I cant help but feel your sports exhaust, lowered suspension and general silveriness of your car probably encouraged this extremely dangerous high speed manoevre.
              Why can't you just drive a dark green Rover 216 at 45 MPH all the time?
              Cos i have a very small pen1s :?

Comment

I bought my 240bhp VXR so I could drive slowly every where

Comment

i decided i needed stage 3 just incase i needed to overtake on a dual carriage way at 60 , and to cane anyone else who try's
                  sigpic
                  stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                  M.U.F.C.
                  http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

mine was done to overtake tractors on the country roads and combinharvesters

Comment

What I really hate is when pensioners drive at 40 throught villages in a 30 zone and then dont speed up when the limit chages to 60. They seem to think 40 is the safest way to travel. OH and people who stay in the same lane for miles on motorways and dual carraigeways. The is frickin 2/3 lanes for a reason so god damn well use them!!!!!

I feal better now..
                      (it just winds me up that it seems everybody took a different driving test to me, I use indicators, stick to lanes and speed limits it just depends on how fast i get to the speed limits)

Comment

Baz I agree, middle lane hoggers

Comment

I too think that the youth of today are disgraceful....

My wife got hit by a row of parked cars the other day and got out to reprimand the young drivers who she insisted were all speeding in convoy but they had all run off she informed me and were no where to be seen?????

She rang the police from the safety of a high verge on her saga radio backpack and when the officers turned up they informed her she need not worry about her insurance as her glasses were so thick she could see the future.....

They advised her to get a job at gatwick sniffing luggage!!
                          HeavenlyDetail
                          Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by bazwaterboy
                            OH and people who stay in the same lane for miles on motorways and dual carraigeways. The is frickin 2/3 lanes for a reason so god damn well use them!!!!!
                            There is a cure to this as you can play around with the Middle lane hogger...."orbitting"

What you do is overtake them as normal and then when you are past them, pull across their lane into the left lane and slow down enough for them to pass you.... then you pull out and repeat the process for as many times as you feel is required - They soon get the message

Comment

Originally posted by BO55 VXR
                              There is a cure to this as you can play around with the Middle lane hogger...."orbitting"

What you do is overtake them as normal and then when you are past them, pull across their lane into the left lane and slow down enough for them to pass you.... then you pull out and repeat the process for as many times as you feel is required - They soon get the message
                              me wanna play

Comment

Working...
                              X