Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your take on the new Mobile Phone Law ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your take on the new Mobile Phone Law ?

Interested in what people's opinions are on this forum as it's causing me much annoyance !!

What do you think ?

It all varies from driver to driver - therefore they have to crack down on the worst case scenario.

There are many people out there who struggle to drive at the best of times, and even adjusting the stereo or having a conversation in their car is a venture for them.... now a mobile phone convo is another story.

I got rammed from behind (no sarcy comments) by a company car driver on his mobile phone many years ago. He had no concentration at all. I even looked in my mirror and seen that he was to engrossed in his convo to notice me stopping for roadworks.... BANG at 50-60mph. It hurt.

Now myself, I feel I can cope with use of both - not that I condone it. I use a integrated handsfree unit wired into my stereo - does the job.

As for the law - yeah its great. On m1 yesterday I witnessed a ***** in a Mazda undertake and all sorts to get a few cars ahead - at 70mph this was..... about 20 mins later I overtook him whilst he was trundling along on the inside lane with his phone glued to his ear! *****. Alright changing the law, but the problem is enforcing it. Not enough police on the roads to do it. Suprised they havent given the HATO's the ability to ******* those who use their mobiles.

My 2p

Another thing to add, as a Motorcyclist we cant use our mobiles (well you can try but it dont work with poxy handsfree kits) so why should it be any different for car drivers?? Plus they endanger our lives the c*nts

Comment

Some people are just THICK and should not even drive, or should have been given a drving licence i sometimes think that people have gone to Poundland and bourght one ......

Use a bluetooth.........

Comment

well said barney.

My own personal opinion i smuch the same. I can't stand people on there mobile phones whilst driving.
        I've seen and heard about 100's of accidents much like your's and in some cases worse, unfortunatley.

Some people are just ignarent and don't truly understand the dangers of driving whilst on a mobile phone.

The best thing to do is to get a hands free kit as they don't cost that much these days, or just switch off before you drive off (no pun intended). The call will only go to ones answerer service, and if the call is that imortant, the one trying to call will leave a message.

Obviousley if one has a long journey, it may be beter if one does have a hands free kit as not to miss any important calls.

As for the 3 points and £60 pound fine, this may just make those drivers who insist on driving whilst on a mobil phone, stop.

After all, no one really cared when it was just a £30 fine. a small price to pay considering some people don't ever get caught.

The worse thing to do tho whilst driving, is texting. There is no way anyone can drive safey whilst texting. It's one thing not to have both hands on the wheel, but to not be looking where you are going or what dangers lie ahead.

In my opinion, this is unacceptable.

Comment

It's so much easier to drive along, having a conversation with the bluetooth headset on!

You can always tell the people using their mobile phone while driving, slow down, notice they're now below the speed limit, speed up, loose concentration of their speed again, slow down, notice they've slowed down eventually, then speed up again....... if they want to sit on thei mobile phone, that's fine with me, their choice, but when they cause disruption on the road it's an annoyance!

Oh, and please, when you leave the car, don't walk around the shops with the bluetooth headset on!

Comment

I think it is wrong... ban smokin it takes more concentration to smoke a fag and light a fag up than hold a phone.

Comment

Originally posted by VXR - xtc
              I think it is wrong... ban smokin it takes more concentration to smoke a fag and light a fag up than hold a phone.
              Don't do that, otherwise I'd have to stop every 2 hours on long journeys

I agree with the phone law as many a time I've seen someone nearly crash as they're too busy gabbing.

Comment

Banning is good,never was a problem before the poxy things were invented
                sigpic
                More than 34,900 viewings and counting
                Click Here to.................
                See My Wheels
                See My Wife's EX Wheels now Sold

Comment

Interesting points of view - now lets up the anti somewhat; What about being allowed to use the phone but only hands free.

Surely having a conversation especially one where you have to concentrate on what you're saying i.e. a business discussion is very hard to do whilst driving, yet talking to a mate whilst driving an auto and holding the phone would not be ?

Why can you therefore get 3 points and £60 fine for ' holding ' a phone that's on but not for using a hands free kit.

Is that fair ?

Comment

I agree... some calls need more concentration than you can give whilst on the road.

They are saying it is because you have one hand off the wheel... what about 1 armed drivers???

Also i think it is more distracting have a baby or child in the car as when they are crying, sick, fighting, kicking your seat etc your concentration is solely placed upon the child. Than calling someone on the mobile.

Now that may cause some comments!!! :?

Comment

Originally posted by VXR - xtc
                      I agree... some calls need more concentration than you can give whilst on the road.

They are saying it is because you have one hand off the wheel... what about 1 armed drivers???

Also i think it is more distracting have a baby or child in the car as when they are crying, sick, fighting, kicking your seat etc your concentration is solely placed upon the child. Than calling someone on the mobile.

Now that may cause some comments!!! :?
                      Children should be in the boot or on the roofrack-not in the back seats where they drop opal fruits/spangles/sherbet/Mojos etc

Comment

well what about if you have your pet dog in the back and it's jumping around ??? or eating a bag of crisp's or drinking water ????? where does it end i say ban everyone who hasnt got a vxr and the police should be banning people who think the second lane is the safest place to be from lands end to john o'groats , that soon fizzled out and what about a copper on his radio ?????????? will they get banned or fined it's still a distraction aint it ?? but hey next week it will be some other making idea what some knob in the government comes up with , thats my 10p worth .
                        sigpic
                        stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                        M.U.F.C.
                        http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Its only illegal if you get caught!!!!! Next you won't even be allowed passangers in your car as it will too much distraction.

Agree will Mel... what about all those dirty smokers out there...!!!

Comment

i smoke and always will do even in my 20k car
                            sigpic
                            stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                            M.U.F.C.
                            http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Emma
                              Its only illegal if you get caught!!!!! Next you won't even be allowed passangers in your car as it will too much distraction.

Agree will Mel... what about all those dirty smokers out there...!!!
                              thanks emma, if i was gonna crash i wudnt think twice about droppin my mobile... but dropping a burning fag to free up my hand.... mmmmm :?

I think there should be a law where dogs are restrained... mine is already travelling in a harness connected to the seat so she is unable to move around. its safe on her and me, i dont like the thought of it i was to have an accident my dog flyin around the car.

Comment

Working...
                              X