Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, finally sold the Corsa... now howabout a VXR8??? - am I mad??!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, finally sold the Corsa... now howabout a VXR8??? - am I mad??!

As some of you may remember I had struggled to sell our old Corsa VXR for some months, despite being cheapest in the country for all the time we were selling!

Anyway, its gone and we have bought a cheap big car to replace it (baby is due a week today!) however my ST is gonna be replaced in the next few months and have been really quite drawn to the VXR8! I know its financial suicide and resale/fuel/tax etc will be a knightmare but I really love what it it stands for, the VFM factor, the V8, the noise etc!

had been looking at Merc C55s and CLK55s but the VXR8 really has sucked me in!

Any thoughts??

If cost isn`t an option go for it, tremedous car !

Comment

Originally posted by Bainie View Post
      If cost isn`t an option go for it, tremedous car !
      I agree

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
      www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

i must add, it wont be new, used vxr8s are now available circa ~£20k! -I bet most dealers will be keen to do some pretty tidy deals too!

I wont be doing huge miles so mpg isnt as big an issue as it could be.

Comment

Give it a drive and see if you like it. Avoid the autos and don't pay too much, you'll be fine.

Comment

Like you say as long as MPG isn't an issue then your in for a lot of VFM

Let us know how you get on

Astra

Comment

If you can cope with the MPG of a Focus ST then the V8 is hardly going to be a shock.

Comment

Originally posted by magic919 View Post
                If you can cope with the MPG of a Focus ST then the V8 is hardly going to be a shock.
                really? is it that close? I'd be happy if it was! at the mo a average about 25mpg mixed driving - 22ish if all towny and/or 'enthusiasticly', up to 28-30 cruising on the motorway...

what should i expect from the LS2/3?

Comment

Go for it if the mpg aint a prob i would ...
                  Arden Blue Vauxhall Vectra VXR 666 Gone But Not Forgotton

Comment

I get 16-17 mostly. Goes up to mid-20's for motorway stuff. But I don't get the figures you get when I'm in the ST3. Mines a Monaro, so a tad lighter, but still LS2. You probably won't get an LS3 just yet.

Comment

Give it a drive and see if you like it. Avoid the autos and don't pay too much, you'll be fine.
                      Why? I drove the Auto version around Oulton Park and loved it?

Comment

I get 16-17 mostly. Goes up to mid-20's for motorway stuff. But I don't get the figures you get when I'm in the ST3. Mines a Monaro, so a tad lighter, but still LS2. You probably won't get an LS3 just yet.
                        thats still not too bad really, could live with it anyhow!

Comment

Originally posted by VXRDean View Post
                          Why? I drove the Auto version around Oulton Park and loved it.
                          Because it's too weak to cope once you start modding. I do thik it spoils the fun of driving it too though.

Comment

Originally posted by James_VXR View Post
                            I agree
                            ill second that
                            The Derv-ert
                            "Goes quicker than a smackheads giro"

Comment

Because it's too weak to cope once you start modding. I do thik it spoils the fun of driving it too though.

What he said.

Comment

Working...
                              X