Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For Charity

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • For Charity

    OK just a thought, but lets see what people think

    Whilst reading through the threads recently i noticed a lot of people asking for sigs to be made ............now I would like one myself and not having the requisite skills i thought about requesting someone do it for me however I also realised that the few people who do it are busy and spend their own time doing it, with no recompense for time spent..........so i started thinking.
    Why dont we have a charity section.......is this a possibility ? Mods? I notice also that many members are already involved in various charities.......so
    How about we as members undertake to pay a nominal amount to charity for each time someone does us a favour such as a a sig. etc. If another member helps you with something you could pledge a small amount to charity in repayment
    As well as this we could ask the commercial interests that are attached(regal, courtneys thorneys etc etc) and who benefit from the custom of members on this site to make modest donations to the charitable pot and perhaps choose a charity to benefit each year around Christmas Lets bring the love back to Vxronline and the tuners can be at the start of it.

    Anyway enough from me...over to you guys for ideas

    Oh yes nearly forgot Ill get the ball rolling by paying for a new sig if someone wants to pm me.
    Rooster
    Son of the Clyde a roaming went
    Sinned aplenty, much to repent
    loved and lost, gave and took
    Way too lazy to write a book.sigpic

  • #2
    Originally posted by Red Rooster View Post
    OK just a thought, but lets see what people think

    Whilst reading through the threads recently i noticed a lot of people asking for sigs to be made ............now I would like one myself and not having the requisite skills i thought about requesting someone do it for me however I also realised that the few people who do it are busy and spend their own time doing it, with no recompense for time spent..........so i started thinking.
    Why dont we have a charity section.......is this a possibility ? Mods? I notice also that many members are already involved in various charities.......so
    How about we as members undertake to pay a nominal amount to charity for each time someone does us a favour such as a a sig. etc. If another member helps you with something you could pledge a small amount to charity in repayment
    As well as this we could ask the commercial interests that are attached(regal, courtneys thorneys etc etc) and who benefit from the custom of members on this site to make modest donations to the charitable pot and perhaps choose a charity to benefit each year around Christmas Lets bring the love back to Vxronline and the tuners can be at the start of it.

    Anyway enough from me...over to you guys for ideas

    Oh yes nearly forgot Ill get the ball rolling by paying for a new sig if someone wants to pm me.
    Rooster

    If i'm honest i dont think it will ever work.

    1. When do they pay, at the beginning or at the end when its done. How do you make sure they pay after it is done. If you rely on honesty then it wont happen.

    2. The Choppers doing the work should therefore choose the charity, as one may have a dislike or a preferance and as they are doing it then they should be the ones choosing.

    3. For a joke i always say at the next meet you can buy me a drink..... i'm still sober lol


    I'm all for this m8, but i somehow can not see it working, and as for the tuners, look at the motor industry today, they are on there ar5e, and the tuners need the motor industry for them to keep in business, i bet most of the tuners are slow with work now.

    On a personal note, if you want a siggi doing i'll sort one for you, and just tell me the charity your donating to, your ex plod so i can trust you lol.


    Good idea though
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Eamonn View Post
      3. For a joke i always say at the next meet you can buy me a drink..... i'm still sober lol
      Thats because your too busy taking pictures of Simon

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by S20 GST View Post
        Thats because your too busy taking pictures of Simon


        Very very true
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Eamonn View Post
          If i'm honest i dont think it will ever work.

          1. When do they pay, at the beginning or at the end when its done. How do you make sure they pay after it is done. If you rely on honesty then it wont happen.

          2. The Choppers doing the work should therefore choose the charity, as one may have a dislike or a preferance and as they are doing it then they should be the ones choosing.

          3. For a joke i always say at the next meet you can buy me a drink..... i'm still sober lol


          I'm all for this m8, but i somehow can not see it working, and as for the tuners, look at the motor industry today, they are on there ar5e, and the tuners need the motor industry for them to keep in business, i bet most of the tuners are slow with work now.

          On a personal note, if you want a siggi doing i'll sort one for you, and just tell me the charity your donating to, your ex plod so i can trust you lol.


          Good idea though
          Thanks for the reply mate....you may be right perhaps the idea is dead on its feet
          Ive been turning this over in my mind since the charity detailing day in yorkshire for the little lad who was sick...........a lot was done that day and it made me think maybe would could do something collectively as forum members...................Im not computer savvy but maybe a permanent charitable paypal account could be possible so that any donations could be made easily and securely and a decision made by poll as to what charity benefits at the end of the year.
          My own personal choice would be to any cancer charity since almost everyone is effected by this..............we lost a good friend a couple of months ago and know of at least 2 others who are ill at the moment.
          Maybe the idea is a non starter from the point of who would administer it but hell if you dont ask youll never find out.

          Ill wait and see if there are any more replies..who knows.
          PM you re the siggy
          Son of the Clyde a roaming went
          Sinned aplenty, much to repent
          loved and lost, gave and took
          Way too lazy to write a book.sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Red Rooster View Post
            Thanks for the reply mate....you may be right perhaps the idea is dead on its feet
            Ive been turning this over in my mind since the charity detailing day in yorkshire for the little lad who was sick...........a lot was done that day and it made me think maybe would could do something collectively as forum members...................Im not computer savvy but maybe a permanent charitable paypal account could be possible so that any donations could be made easily and securely and a decision made by poll as to what charity benefits at the end of the year.
            My own personal choice would be to any cancer charity since almost everyone is effected by this..............we lost a good friend a couple of months ago and know of at least 2 others who are ill at the moment.
            Maybe the idea is a non starter from the point of who would administer it but hell if you dont ask youll never find out.

            Ill wait and see if there are any more replies..who knows.
            PM you re the siggy

            i think its a really good idea, buts its just finding a way of making it work

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mandy VXR View Post
              i think its a really good idea, buts its just finding a way of making it work
              Hopefully there will be some ideas generated by the members across the country...thanks for the input Mandy
              Son of the Clyde a roaming went
              Sinned aplenty, much to repent
              loved and lost, gave and took
              Way too lazy to write a book.sigpic

              Comment

              Working...
              X