This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VXR's give you a bad reputation?

I was parked up in a car park waiting for a mate at about 1:30am last night. It was a small local shop car park in a housing estate. I was sat there for 2 minutes and a car pulled up behind me. Think it was a skoda, not sure but they had parked right up behind me so I couldn't go anywhere. I just thought it was someone local being dropped off. But next thing I know 2 coppers have walked up to me in the car.

Apparently they assumed I was a drug dealer cause I was parked in a "rather flash high performance car" and that a lot of dealers come down from London in them as they can out run most of the police cars lol.

I wasn't bothered I knew what the estates reputation was like and that fair enough they were doing there job and they were perfectly polite and honest with me. So fair play to them, plus if my car had been kicked atleast they'd of got it before it had a chance to do a runner lol.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Originally posted by R i c h a r d View Post
    I was parked up in a car park waiting for a mate at about 1:30am last night. It was a small local shop car park in a housing estate. I was sat there for 2 minutes and a car pulled up behind me. Think it was a skoda, not sure but they had parked right up behind me so I couldn't go anywhere. I just thought it was someone local being dropped off. But next thing I know 2 coppers have walked up to me in the car.

Apparently they assumed I was a drug dealer cause I was parked in a "rather flash high performance car" and that a lot of dealers come down from London in them as they can out run most of the police cars lol.

I wasn't bothered I knew what the estates reputation was like and that fair enough they were doing there job and they were perfectly polite and honest with me. So fair play to them, plus if my car had been kicked atleast they'd of got it before it had a chance to do a runner lol.
    lol Bull

If thats true, how comes we have well under 20 London vxr member on here?

Comment

they just doing there job mate seeing what you up too ha ha
      Arden Racing Edition

Comment

yeah i get pulled for driving down the road because they think the car is not mine, and i am not a chav and dress very smart all the time.

good to know that if it did get nicked there is a chance they will get pulled,

I think the police just get bored.

Comment

One of them did say nice seats, I said take a seat if you want but he said na it was ok.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Cops are OK so long as you don't get cheeky with them. I don't have any problems with them stopping me as I am totally legal. As you say - if your car had been nicked then it would have been back with you fairly quickly,
            sigpic

Arden Blue Corsa VXR , 18" anthracites, Quaife LSD, AP VXRacing 4pot brakes, KW Variant3 (40mm drop) & Uprated Fast Road Geometry Setup, larger intercooler, 3" Nurburgring exhaust conversion, ITG panel filter, Nurburgring front & back splitters, colour coded roof rails

Comment

Originally posted by Keith.Nor View Post
              Cops are OK so long as you don't get cheeky with them. I don't have any problems with them stopping me as I am totally legal. As you say - if your car had been nicked then it would have been back with you fairly quickly,
              Yeah i agree, although i aint been pulled in the VXR yet.

If you aint got an attitude problem they are nice as pie and i like pie

Comment

I agree with you mate, got pulled when a was sitting in glasgow in my burg and first thing they said was u either have a good job or are a drug dealer, was then drug searched as was my car(even checked in my cd cases and took car mats out). its only an astra tho not exactly a m3 like most dealers can prob afford so duno why astra vxr gets the dealer treatment lol.
                sigpic
                Astra VXR,Focus ST,Astra VXR Burg 326,Focus RS,Bmw 3 Series Convertible
                And now have an
                Astra GTC VXR in Arden Blue
                Aero kit, AFL premium forward lighting, Sat nav, Dark rear tinted windows, Electric folding mirrors and Rear parking sensors

Comment

Originally posted by MICHELOB View Post
                  Yeah i agree, although i aint been pulled in the VXR yet.

If you aint got an attitude problem they are nice as pie and i like pie
                  i agree with yous aswell, bit of a pain if your in a hurry but ave not got a problem getting stopped, ave not got anything to hide. talk quickly changes to speaking bout the car anyway
                  sigpic
                  Astra VXR,Focus ST,Astra VXR Burg 326,Focus RS,Bmw 3 Series Convertible
                  And now have an
                  Astra GTC VXR in Arden Blue
                  Aero kit, AFL premium forward lighting, Sat nav, Dark rear tinted windows, Electric folding mirrors and Rear parking sensors

Comment

seems ok to me late at night, young lad flash car check it out see whats going on, im sure they get lucky one in five cars they do that too and catch people out. I never mind with police got nothing to hide.

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                    www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

yea last night a traffic cop pulled up next to me asked me a few questions turned into a laff and a joke about cars and offerd me a race. so i said up to 30 i will. lol but yea there doing there job and if your ok with them they will be fine with you.
                      INSIGNIA VXR

Comment

i've been pulled over coming out of thame turned out they just wanted to have a look at my car but still should be find something better to do right????

Comment

Originally posted by napa1985 View Post
                          i've been pulled over coming out of thame turned out they just wanted to have a look at my car but still should be find something better to do right????
                          Its nice to know that they are human after all and also like to talk about cars.
                          sigpic

Arden Blue Corsa VXR , 18" anthracites, Quaife LSD, AP VXRacing 4pot brakes, KW Variant3 (40mm drop) & Uprated Fast Road Geometry Setup, larger intercooler, 3" Nurburgring exhaust conversion, ITG panel filter, Nurburgring front & back splitters, colour coded roof rails

Comment

lol touch wood i've never been pulled in mine... i think the police round here are either too lazy or too busy dealing with the idiots that live in west thurrock

Comment

and because you're an old geezer.

Comment

Working...
                              X