This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astra/Vectra/Zafira 18 inch alloys

Well Ihave to say I am interested in finding some 18 inch alloys. If anyone comes across some, which I could borrow then please let me know. I would like to try them to see how they compare to the 19 inch ones.

Hiya m8
    if i lived near you would have been happy to lend my 18"
    iam sure some good hearted soul will let you borrow theirs

Comment

Why the 18's? Better handling?
      sigpic

Comment

It seems for what I hear, that the 18's on both Astra and Vectra will make the car handle better over the 19's. The 19's look good, handle very well in most conditions but the 18's have the best composure for road use. The better tyre on the circuit is the 19's but the 18's are better on the road allbeit they probably don't look as good as the 19's. Don't get me wrong the 19's are very very good but ultimate is probably the 18's.

Comment

I know where you're coming from...dreading some of the uneven roads up here.
          Personnally I hate those Gamma/Y alloys reminds of BMW X5's...plus it seems almost every new car has the same style wheel!
          sigpic

Comment

Can anyone in the know explain why the production VXR's come with 6 spoke 18's when the initial concept and a couple show examples came with a 5 spoke version of the same wheels?
            Personally, the 5 spoke looked alot better but I'm curious to the reason.

Comment

The 18's are an enlarged version of the 15's. The pictures where of the 19's I think and yes I agree they where advertised as 5 spoke 18's. You may have noticed that VXl had advertised the Astra with drill and grooved disks but the car was found to brake so well on the 320mm there was not need to go over the top. Also with the grooved and drilled you have all the side of affects of noise and quicker wearing pads. However I think they made the right decision.

Comment

Can anyone offer any advise please.
                Is it worth the extra £500 wanted by Vauxhall to upgrade from the 18 to 19 inch alloy wheels on the Zafira VXR ?
                Apart from looks, would I notice any improvements in handling etc ?
                Awaiting to take collection of mine on 1st March !!
                Thanks
                The_Jackal :P

Comment

Regarding the 5 spoke wheels, the current Opel spec from the web for the OPC shows 2 versions of 19" wheels , the one we are used to and the 19" 5 spokes sold as an option on the UK sri Vectra

Comment

It has become apparent that it is better sticking to 18's for overall performance. The 19's are for looks and the circuit the 18's are better for general road use, slightly wider offest, and slightly narrawer tyre allowing more weight on the contact patch. Personally keep with the 18's, slightly less weight aiding the amount of work the suspension has to do.

Comment

i opted for the 18's following the advise Stu & Dougie gave me back in July, performance over looks is what i was after :wink:

Comment

Thanks for the advise, will stick with the 18's at the mo then and see what they are like, roll on the 1st March !!!
                        The_Jackal

Comment

Working...
                        X