X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV's anyone know about them

thats right misses won lol
    Tv is coming up I thought about it and thought its winter might as well play on the xbox and she wanted a new tv

Just dont know much about them. my uncle had a 50 inch samsung and it was awwwwwwfull pic sooo riggied and upclose realllllllly pixelated and everything.

I want a plasma but I herd it burns a logo if you watch a channel tooo long

here are ones im looking at

1st is a Panasonic now I got one and a Viera nothing wrong with it realllly good I dont know if it any good

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...t%3ELCD+TV.htm

next is a samsung not too sure on it

3rd is a shrape

anyone know anything about TVs

Thanks
    Mods: 300+ Bhp Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition #560
    Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

plasma are ****, LCD all the way

Comment

LCD Panasonic vieras are the top dog in most reviews but ideally are 50% dearer.

1080p is a must now for bluray and ps3 etc and also 100 mhz not 50 for smooth pictures on fast images , if you get these 2 things you will be fine.

I have just bought exactly the same samsung above except smaller screen size as it won all the awards for its size/price and i researched for ages and ages , ive got it rigged up to a denon 7.1 channel amp and monitor audio / chord home cinema and also ps3 and the picture quality is absolutely stunning...

I recommend it 1000%

http://www.trustedreviews.com/tvs/re...40in-LCD-TV/p1
      Last edited by Heavenly; 30 December 2008, 07:04 PM.
      HeavenlyDetail
      Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

I herd lcd. when it gets big screen if you watch football the run are blurry when they run or something
        Stage 3 Courts / LSD / Carbon splitter and Rear Diffuser / Lightened Flywheel / Helix Sports uprated Clutch /1.9 CDTI airbox conversion with tophat conversion / RARB / DAP-RACE Springs / Tarox 340mm 10 POT / + ALOT ALOT more.

Comment

this one is a Plasma panasonic Viera not lcd donno if good or not dont know difference really.

Comment

Originally posted by dtox View Post
            I herd lcd. when it gets big screen if you watch football the run are blurry when they run or something
            You don't need to worry about that ...It's your missus tv!! you won't be watching any footie..

Comment

ha ha ha ha.. Prob right dont want to see my team liverpool loose the cup lol...

But is it true on all screens the bigger they are the more jagged they are

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc View Post
                LCD Panasonic vieras are the top dog in most reviews but ideally are 50% dearer.

1080p is a must now for bluray and ps3 etc and also 100 mhz not 50 for smooth pictures on fast images , if you get these 2 things you will be fine.

I have just bought exactly the same samsung above except smaller screen size as it won all the awards for its size/price and i researched for ages and ages , ive got it rigged up to a denon 7.1 channel amp and monitor audio / chord home cinema and also ps3 and the picture quality is absolutely stunning...

I recommend it 1000%

http://www.trustedreviews.com/tvs/re...40in-LCD-TV/p1
                got the same tele and the pic quality is amazing

Comment

I agree with Marc, I wouldnt get an intergrated freesat, cheaper to buy a seperate TV and freesat receiver, then if one goes kaput you dont loose both.

I have had a number of plasmas as with SD sources I think they produced a better picture, things are much more equel now and if you are using a digital source I thinl LCD now has the edge.

Both the Panni and Samsung get good right ups, I wouldnt go for the Sharp.

I have just changed my Panni for a Toshiba 46ZV and am happy with SD and blown away with Sky HD. The TV also upscales SD sources.

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

I got sky hd but that isnt 1080p
                    Its mainly for ps3 or something with blueray
                    or even games

Comment

Not 100mhz.
                      HeavenlyDetail

Comment

new one now are 250 mhz I think

here

http://uk.gizmodo.com/2008/12/29/sam...aked_leds.html

Comment

I got sky hd but that isnt 1080p
                          Its mainly for ps3 or something with blueray
                          or even games
                          Sky HD does 1080i, have a look at the Tosh, it has a game setting or something

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

If your going to spend the money you have to get 1080p as all major film companies and channels now film in 1080p and even now some are starting to film in the new 3d format that will be released in 2012 apparently. The larger a screen is always looksd more pixelated as the screen resolution doesnt neccesarily grow it just gets bigger so really a 37" or 40" on hi-def generally looks sharper than a 50 for sure but viewing field and angle plays such a major part of it.. I watched sky hd in John Lewis last week when football was on on 2 40" lcd,s and the difference between the 100mhz lcd with motion blur was visibly seen over the 50mhz lcd which was not as sharp and visible when running and playing football , i was told the best thing to watch to prove this point is wimbledon.
                            HeavenlyDetail

Comment

yes does 1080i not 1080p isnt 780p better than the 1080i

Comment

Working...
                              X