This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you think

as above im really wanting to get a vxr,and im tryin everything possible to get one credit cards to but it seems like i will have the car but not really be able to afford it and have fun with it,i want a new car and basicly my dad has my mums old car (2006 audi A4 2.0tdi soft top 11k miles,she now has a bmw x5) which he is having problems selling it with the currently climate,so basicly i was thinking sell my car then drive about in the audi untill im 21 when the vxr will become a hell of alot more cheaper and probs be able to afford a brand new vxr than a second hand one,to be honest my own mind is telling me to do that and help my dad out then buy the vxr when im 21 but i just really wanting to know you guys feelings ?

How long before your 21 mate?

Comment

when are you 21 ?

if its a year or 2 away then you may aswell wait for the new VXR due out around 2011 but having said that, with the economic climate being what it is VX may decide to trim the range and drop the VXR!
      a bit like Honda have dropped the NSX.
      Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

Also in the current climate you can get REALLY good deals on VXR's at the moment which may disappear as and when the finical market picks up again.

Comment

ill be 21 in november

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 1983 View Post
            Also in the current climate you can get REALLY good deals on VXR's at the moment which may disappear as and when the finical market picks up again.
            its more the cost of the insurance to be honest for the vxr its £1404 a year one off payment with bell,on the audi its £738 i think working out about £64 a month and thats with directline and they will give me insurance for £800 when im 21 on a vxr with 1 years ncb

Comment

iam 25 and iam paying 900 quid for insurance go down loads next time around!!
              Arden Racing Edition

Comment

Only you can answer your question Andy .
                CORSA VXR , ARDEN BLUE , S+L , AFL , 18'S .
                sigpic

Gone but not forgotten .
                MPS takes the edge off though !

Comment

Originally posted by Astra-Andy View Post
                  its more the cost of the insurance to be honest for the vxr its £1404 a year one off payment with bell,on the audi its £738 i think working out about £64 a month and thats with directline and they will give me insurance for £800 when im 21 on a vxr with 1 years ncb
                  and what will the insurance be on the Audi when your 21?
                  if its around £400 would that sway you to stick with the A4?
                  Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

To be honest mate, if the only difference is the cost of insurance between you living comfortably and struggling, id sack the whole idea off as you will just end up resenting the VXR as you wont be able to go out as often as you would like etc.....still have plenty of time to get a performance motor in your many years ahead of you!!!

Comment

honda dropped the nsx because they took it as far as they could in it's million year life span, nothing to do with the current climate. that car is now a proper legend since production ceased.

Comment

to be honest my hearts set on a vxr at the moment and even if the audi was £200 to insure at 21 id stick get a vxr,the only real thing on my mind is do you think gay boy or do you think nice motor

Comment

You have sort of the same problem as me i really want a VXR but the problem i have is the insurance im 21 and 22 in Febuary i have had a few quotes and the cheapest i got was £2,300 and thats fully comp

So im maybe thinking of keeping my SRI for a little longer building up my no claims and hopefully that will bring the insurance down and in the mean time the cost of a VXR would have come down

so i would suggest drive the other car for a little bit and it should matter what people think about you as long as you are happy with the car you have

Comment

Originally posted by tgoscottiewarner View Post
                            honda dropped the nsx because they took it as far as they could in it's million year life span, nothing to do with the current climate. that car is now a proper legend since production ceased.
                            not so dude,

http://www.leftlanenews.com/acura-nsx-cancelled.html
                            Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

Originally posted by Astra-Andy View Post
                              to be honest my hearts set on a vxr at the moment and even if the audi was £200 to insure at 21 id stick get a vxr,the only real thing on my mind is do you think gay boy or do you think nice motor

hmmmmm now let me think on that one!!!! Gay or nice motor??? I'll get back to you on that one pmsl

Comment

Working...
                              X