This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erm .......

my boyfriend and I was coming back from st albans town earlier, when we spotted some idiots in an MG ZR ( blue colour ) doing handbrake turns in a main street, every corner he went round he had to pull the handbrake ( there was other cars n people about ) , he was infront of us, he kept slowing down and then flooring it coz he had one of those exhausts you could probably fit ya head into. anyway, he kept showing off, and looking in the mirror at us, and then he slowed all the way down as if he was just about to pull over and stop.. so my bf got a little worried and overtook him, as he was doing that, the guy in the MG tried pulling out to try and stop us doing that, but luckily my bf saw what he was doing and put the foot down, after that, he was racing after us, we took a cut off to go a different way, he went past, came back and followed us,kept real close to us, we came to the end of the street went to turn left, but he went to the right side of us, and tried getting infront of the car, he took his belt off and was about to get out the car, but my bf drove on, and the guy in the other car, followed us again, overtook us, done a handbrake turn, and stopped in the middle of the road, and got out the car, we was like errrr wtf, and stopped, luckily he was a little bit a head of us, so my bf reversed a bit,, i think he got back in his car coz there was on coming traffice coming, at first it looked like he was gonna come back towards us. but he changed his mind and fked off the other way, we put the hazzards on just incase he was up the street waiting for us, so after a couple of minutes, ( both shaking and wondering wtf ) we drove home..

there was 3 blokes in the car, they were all probably on drugs, but I havent been so scared in my life.

report to the police! tell them you had to drive defensively as you were in fear for your safety! this covers you as others have probably reported this and try to get the cop[s to review cctv

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MissBadGirlEmz View Post
      my boyfriend and I was coming back from st albans town earlier, when we spotted some idiots in an MG ZR ( blue colour ) doing handbrake turns in a main street, every corner he went round he had to pull the handbrake ( there was other cars n people about ) , he was infront of us, he kept slowing down and then flooring it coz he had one of those exhausts you could probably fit ya head into. anyway, he kept showing off, and looking in the mirror at us, and then he slowed all the way down as if he was just about to pull over and stop.. so my bf got a little worried and overtook him, as he was doing that, the guy in the MG tried pulling out to try and stop us doing that, but luckily my bf saw what he was doing and put the foot down, after that, he was racing after us, we took a cut off to go a different way, he went past, came back and followed us,kept real close to us, we came to the end of the street went to turn left, but he went to the right side of us, and tried getting infront of the car, he took his belt off and was about to get out the car, but my bf drove on, and the guy in the other car, followed us again, overtook us, done a handbrake turn, and stopped in the middle of the road, and got out the car, we was like errrr wtf, and stopped, luckily he was a little bit a head of us, so my bf reversed a bit,, i think he got back in his car coz there was on coming traffice coming, at first it looked like he was gonna come back towards us. but he changed his mind and fked off the other way, we put the hazzards on just incase he was up the street waiting for us, so after a couple of minutes, ( both shaking and wondering wtf ) we drove home..

there was 3 blokes in the car, they were all probably on drugs, but I havent been so scared in my life.
      Some scary people about! Glad it didn't develop further.
      sigpic

Comment

o and secondly well done you and your fella! stayed in the car, managed to keep a distance, nothing was damaged and no one was hurt! scary thing to happen but best possible outcome

sigpic

Comment

we phoned the police to tell them what happened, but we didnt catch the reggie, so not much they can do, but if anyone else reports them and gets the reggie they can link it together, or if for some reason they report us, then they will get back in contact with us, and probably have to do interviews n that

Comment

we phoned the police to tell them what happened, but we didnt catch the reggie, so not much they can do, but if anyone else reports them and gets the reggie they can link it together, or if for some reason they report us, then they will get back in contact with us, and probably have to do interviews n that

well at least your covered now for any reports of two cars driving dangerously and handbraking! i would also check your local boy racer web sites to see if any cars look like theres! id want to know as much about them as possible

sigpic

Comment

Jeeze, at least your okay and nothing damaged but what an idiot the other guy was.

Like you have said without a reg it would be hard for the Police to do anything unless there is CCTV etc. Unfortunately it would come under a road rage incident and 'generally' without independant witnesses, i.e. a pedestrian or someone else in an other car seeing what happened and making statements the CPS dont usually persue a prosecution as independant evidence is needed, i.e. someone thats not in your car.

Hopefully they will catch up with the bloke if he does something similar and get him, you may have to them make statements and go for an ID perade to pick him out. All i would say dont hold out to much hope on this. You have done the correct thing about reporting it to the Police and your driving actions are justified in the circumstances.

But all the best and im glad your alright.

Comment

glad your both ok there is some right w*****s about!! like some 1else said report it to police.

Comment

Originally posted by vxdave View Post
                  glad your both ok there is some right w*****s about!! like some 1else said report it to police.
                  should have read all post b4 replying

Comment

was it a 54reg with 18" alloys?? smooth boot??
                    sigpic

244.7 BHP 322.3 LB/FT
                    Quarter Mile 13.9 Seconds @ 99mph
                    0-60 in 6.23 secs at Trax '09 beating 2 brand new Focus RS's on the day

Comment

erm i dunno, didnt really look, just know the driver, was quite slim, white t - shirt, short black hair, doesnt help i know lol.. the car was dirty though.

Comment

Breaker bar right next to my hand break. i wouldent have a seconds thort of using it if i was with the miss's. And my mate has a police kosh difference is he waves it around. mines there encase i need to change a wheel as the wheel brace bent when i was changing a wheel before. peugeot **** ay
                        Last edited by jinx; 2 January 2009, 08:08 PM.

Comment

What a horrible experience for you Emma . Hope you're ok .x
                          CORSA VXR , ARDEN BLUE , S+L , AFL , 18'S .
                          sigpic

Gone but not forgotten .
                          MPS takes the edge off though !

Comment

Jealous probably, trying to prove a point. Suprised he managed to follow you for any period of time without the headgasket going.
                            I have a difference of opinion to you.

Comment

erm i dunno, didnt really look, just know the driver, was quite slim, white t - shirt, short black hair, doesnt help i know lol.. the car was dirty though.
                              ok i was just wondering cuz my mate has a blue mg zr but he doesnt handbrake at every corner n doesnt have black hair n just found out he was at work then lol. must have been a scary situation!
                              sigpic

244.7 BHP 322.3 LB/FT
                              Quarter Mile 13.9 Seconds @ 99mph
                              0-60 in 6.23 secs at Trax '09 beating 2 brand new Focus RS's on the day

Comment

Working...
                              X