This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOM TOM which one....

Well, only one maker does Mac software for its kit.. that is TOM TOM.

I only use my VXR at weekends and locally. Maybe odd trip to Wales etc. SO is there any benefit from getting the 910 as opposed to the 510 or 710 GO systems?

I am more interested in the speed cam database than the sat nav side of things.

Any thoughts, experiences etc etc would be most welcome.

And all hoping i dont get a ban on 20th March !!!

don't buy a tom tom buy a garmin nuvi much better unit and won't take ya down a single track country road.

John

Comment

Hey i believe you but does it work with Mac software.... ????

Comment

Originally posted by skylinegtrsteve
        Hey i believe you but does it work with Mac software.... ????
        The latest version of the PDA TomTom software, version 6.0, has a different routing algorithm, which means it doesn't tell me to go through lesser buntingford if I just need to get down to London
        Not sure if this has found it way onto the GO systems though.
        sigpic

Comment

Hey thanks BLACKVXR... y'know TOM TOM GO is onto version 6 to so its likely any 'improvements' have been made across the board. But then, i'm the sort that will check a route first anyway. AND, i am really more interested in the speed cam database. Pity Snooper are being so short sighted as to not include support for mac users (a growing breed). The snooper Syrius looks absolutely brlliant... alas not for me

Here's hoping i dont get that ban on Tuesday next week.

Comment

Originally posted by skylinegtrsteve
            Hey thanks BLACKVXR... y'know TOM TOM GO is onto version 6 to so its likely any 'improvements' have been made across the board. But then, i'm the sort that will check a route first anyway. AND, i am really more interested in the speed cam database. Pity Snooper are being so short sighted as to not include support for mac users (a growing breed). The snooper Syrius looks absolutely brlliant... alas not for me

Here's hoping i dont get that ban on Tuesday next week.
            `

You could look at the speed camera database on Pocket GPRS world £19 a year subscription and usually update twice a month.
            Found it very accurate tbh
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X