This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many Armed Forces Members

Seems we have quite a few of you on here....what have we got...enough to make a malitia and go and give those ST & Renault boys and girls a spanking (I'll do the girls [-o< )

OK, I know the categories are a little broad but us civvies only know you as Army, Navy and Airforce...
    Army
    0%
    Airforce
    0%
    Navy
    0%
    I'm a Civvy
    0%

So far 100% RAF GET IN!!!!

Comment

pah, forces.

civilian aircraft technician

(air force reject

Comment

If I could financially leave the RAF and get a well paid job I would.

I dont want to work aerospace when I leave like so many other ex RAFies.
        Leave in green Overalls and come in the next day with blue ones and an extra 12.50 an hour.

Comment

Whats the pay, work and shifts like - do you need any qualifications? Is it hard like boot camp for first year? I might join...

Comment

Basic training is nothing like it used to be. When I went through we got all the shouting and our stuff getting thrown out of the window if it wasnt up to scratch

But pay from day 1 thanks to "pay 2000" is rubbish. I remember getting 100 quid a week during basic training.

Shifts can vary. depending on Aircraft type or location.

Such as heavy lift VC10 or Hurc they do "roughly" 7 days 7 nights and 4 off.

Fast jets do week of days weekend off then nights monday to thursday weekend off.

If you in a bay or any other section you could be permanent Day shift 8 til 430. Finish 1230 fridays then weekend off.

I should be on permanent days but BAE got behing schedule so were picking up the pieces.

Oh on qualifications I cant comment coz the system has changed. But I joined up as a mech with only 2 C grade GCSE`s

Comment

i had a good look round a VC10, C-17 and L1011 on night stop in birmingham last week.

vc10 is a noisy bugger, and the c-17 is unbelievably quiet for a 4 jet, and it took off in about 3 yards lol

Comment

raf!!!! whats that.... only have to do 1 sit up, 1 press up and run a mile and a half in about 30 minutes, and your in.....lol... only joking

i know what u mean baz about change, the army is the same, i know ive not been in as long as some as the old boy when it was hard going, but even from the time i jointed till now its changed in a big way... and im looking at going back to basic but as an instructor.... god help me....lol
                my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Left the RAF on redundancy last April, after 17 years i'm still working on aircraft as its money for old rope. Working in Bahrain at moment as my new job has a reserve forces role and we do 6/8 weeks out here every few months.

Cheers
                  AC

Comment

Left the RAF on redundancy as well but back in 1996 now do the same job more cash no sh8t

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

contracting.

always there when you think you've done

Comment

Working...
                      X