This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "letting off steam" Thread! (watch the Languag

Hi I would like to show my utter disbelief and disgust at Gordon "doesnt pay his own car tax" Browns 2007 budget.

If news reports are true WE will be paying not £210 a year for car tax but instead £400 yes £400!!!!!!!!!!!

And no sign whatsoever of Petrol duties bieng reduced.

We could seriously consider selling the VXR. Cost to run would be astronomical.

This is my $0.02 what does everybody else think?

Re: The "letting off steam" Thread!

Originally posted by bazwaterboy
    Hi I would like to show my utter disbelief and disgust at Gordon "doesnt pay his own car tax" Browns 2007 budget.

If news reports are true WE will be paying not £210 a year for car tax but instead £400 yes £400!!!!!!!!!!!

And no sign whatsoever of Petrol duties bieng reduced.

We could seriously consider selling the VXR. Cost to run would be astronomical.
    how come yours cost £210 just done mine for the year and it was £190

think it stinks

Comment

We havent had to tax ours yet. Thought that was the price. Cha Ching 20 quid cheaper

Comment

The £210 was the top rate added for all cars sold on/after last year's budget

Comment

Interesting.......

So are we top band? (astras)

Comment

Current VED Rates

Comment

think the astra is 215 % emissions hence the £190

Comment

Originally posted by michael parkes
                think the astra is 215 % emissions hence the £190
                Emissions will be on your V5 (Logbook)

Comment

Really should do more research on my own car :-)

Astra and Meriva VXRs are Band F £190 per 12 months
                  Vectras Zafiras and Monaro VXRs are Band G £210 per 12 months soon to £400

No figs for Corsa that I can see.

***EDIT*** The Astra comes just 4 below the band G catchment PHEW!!! ***EDIT***

Comment

Or dont listen to your wife - I confess I fed him the duff info

Comment

Anyway I still feel the £400 per year tax is outrageous!!!

Only people with 4x4s in towns who never go off road should pay that.

LET US ENJOY THE ROADS WE PAY SO MUCH FOR!!

Comment

Why does he want to raise it anyway?
                        Sorry i don't keep up with current affairs

Comment

Its his last budget before he (no doubt) becomes the new prime minister.

Its a GREEN tree hugging stance to make all the eco friendly voters sit up.

Comment

Originally posted by Adski
                            Why does he want to raise it anyway?
                            Sorry i don't keep up with current affairs
                            Budget comes out tomorrow. I am a lil sad and take interest in this.

Gordon Brown is planning to double road tax for the country’s most polluting gas-guzzling cars in Wednesday’s Budget, The Times understands.

As the Chancellor tries to enhance his green credentials before he takes over as Prime Minister, he is expected to say that the current tax of £210 for the 225,000 least fuel efficient cars purchased brand new since last April — including most 4x4s and sports cars — will rise steadily.

Over the next two years it will increase to at least £400, it is understood. Owners of many other cars are expected to face an inflation or modest above-inflation rise but owners of the least polluting cars will enjoy tax reductions, it is believed by insiders.
                            Basically trying to price the "gas guzzlers" off the road.

I feel sorry for the farmer or country person who HAS to have a 4x4 to do their job or leave their property. Not all 4x4 owners live in chelsea and do a daily drive to and from school and the shops!!

Comment

F#CKING TW4T!!
                              oooo I'd love to meet him in a dark alley

Comment

Working...
                              X