This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bl*%dy Cats

walked out the front door last night to find next doors moggy having a nice little warm up on the bonnet, saw me & decided to leg it. Believe me I didnt want to startle it as we have had previous encounters & know what damage these little sh!ts can do! but it was to late - anyway can anyone reccomend a good cutting compound to get rid of the scratches & what to apply it with as I don't want to leave the dreaded swirl marks, especially as its Saphire Black

Nice Hi-Gloss polish and park your car on Ramps.... that way, the cat will just slide off if it attempts it again...

Comment

I can think of better ways to deal with the critters than that!

Comment

Originally posted by Flinty
        Ah, but that would be cruel and I would stand for that....more to point, neither will PD/AO...

Comment

ooo bless ya x i know theres some stuff you can get to keep cats out of your garden, may be an idea to put some round where your car is x

Comment

Get an ultrasonic sensor, cats hate em :wink:

As for polish to remove it depends on deepness of scratch. You could try Megs Scratch X followed by Megs Swirl Remover. Patience I think will be the best thing when trying to remove.

Had cat scratches on my corsa and these pretty much removed em.

Comment

the scratch x stuff i have, is that for small areas concentrating on the scratch, by rubbing in hard then allowing to dry and buffing off. i find its hard to get off, as it creates a white dust after
              Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi
                Get an ultrasonic sensor, cats hate em :wink:

As for polish to remove it depends on deepness of scratch. You could try Megs Scratch X followed by Megs Swirl Remover. Patience I think will be the best thing when trying to remove.

Had cat scratches on my corsa and these pretty much removed em.
                get a clifford with a proximity sensor , it will f**k your car but atleast you will know when the cats on it :?

Comment

Originally posted by Flinty
                  Don't shoot the cat, you might hit the car!! Sorry BO55

Comment

Originally posted by corsasrisilver
                    the scratch x stuff i have, is that for small areas concentrating on the scratch, by rubbing in hard then allowing to dry and buffing off. i find its hard to get off, as it creates a white dust after
                    It is meant for light to medium scratches and does require some work. Using a clean buffing towel after to remove the excess dust and product.

Comment

Find a male dog and let it go on a post or object near your car... that should keep them away

Or like lou said the gel you can get from homestores works a treat.

Or buy your own tom cat for outside... that will keep others away and cats never dirty their own patch...

Comment

Thanks guys, only joking about the cats, have 2 myself, just that they are both getting on a bit & don't do the fighting bit anymore, also got a dog, but she's a ***** if you know what i mean, she might find it difficult to **** her leg!

so you reckon the megs is the stuff to use? especially with the buffing towels - great will pop down to Halfrauds - once again many thanks

Comment

i am a pussy lover so i think you should get it a rug for the car ive had squirrels on mine b4 now try telling 1 of them things to keep away :?
                          sigpic
                          stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                          M.U.F.C.
                          http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
                            i am a pussy lover so i think you should get it a rug for the car ive had squirrels on mine b4 now try telling 1 of them things to keep away :?
                            if its grey just shoot it... they have killed off all the native red squirrel

Comment

well where i live theres loads of em and get this we even had a black 1 here for ages now thats rare i'm gonna try and catch it and sell it on e-bay
                              sigpic
                              stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                              M.U.F.C.
                              http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                              X