This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valentine Radar / Laser Detector

Any thoughts on the Valentine One.... boasts full coverage with two detectors etc etc and sounds just what I need to be honest.

Just wondered if anyone has any experrience, or knowledge?

They will soon be illegal

Comment

yes, but havent we been hearing this for years... detectors becoming illegal etc. And it hasnt happened !!! ?

Comment

i dont think they will ban ones that operate with gps, its the laser detyection bit which they are wanting to ban. if they do get banned i still have 2.5yrs of subscription left on my origin b2 so hope they refund me for that

Comment

well doug, i am seriously considering this one since the talk of banning them has been rife since i installed my first snooper way back in 2000. And it just aint happened.

My only concern is the fact its (the V1) a USA model, its panel is offset for left hand drive vehicles. Is their a eiuropean, or uk version.... ????? questions questions....

Comment

Originally posted by dvd on Pistonheads
            Section 18 Road Safety Act 2006 defines it as:

""speed assessment equipment detection device" means a device the purpose, or one of the purposes, of which is to detect, or interfere with the operation of, equipment used to assess the speed of motor vehicles."

and adds it to Section 41 RTA 88 (Con and Use prohibition)

Section 18. is at yet not in force as no commencement Order has been made so far...............but no doubt it will be coming.

It will not effect your Sat/Nav system that shows the location where **** Turpin is operating but will proscribe devices that pick up the signal is use to act as a warning.

dvd
            FYI - DVD is TrafPol

Comment

Hmmm well, i dont wanna break the law.. but on the other hand.. if there isnt yet a law to break !!!! Who knows how long it will take to actually come into force?

Comment

Originally posted by skylinegtrsteve
                Hmmm well, i dont wanna break the law.. but on the other hand.. if there isnt yet a law to break !!!! Who knows how long it will take to actually come into force?
                More important, will they tell us when it comes into force?

Comment

Hmmmmmm well i just cancelled my order and they charged me a 10% handling fee even though its less than 24hrs after i ordered and even though there is no mention of terms and conditions of sale etc. I think i got bad advice and at first they din wanna refund at all!

Comment

Working...
                  X