X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How accurate is your speedo

Just a little info.

For those who have the CD70 and you want to check how accuarte your speedo is in relation to the GPS signal received for speed of your vehicle.

Go into test mode (Go to main menu, hold setting button until a bleep is heard)

Press Nav button, twice and you will find all the positional data for the gps signal. Look for the GPS V parameter and this will show how fast you are really travelling according to the sats.

Best test is to get the GPS V figure to 100kph (where legal and safe) and read the speed. (Of course 100 KPH = 62mph).

Edited.

Oh dont use this as a guarantee of accuracey for driving to the GPS signal, I advise always using the speedo, at least it keeps you safe andon the right side of the law (hopefully)

I only have cd30... can we still do the test with an independent nav with gps speed reader??? i know mine is miles out but cant rem exact at 100kmph what it reads. i know it is about 5mph out at 70mph

Comment

DOnt see why not, I just found the Vectra to be way out whilst the Meriva to be spot on 40 at 40, using a Tom Tom. Of course its not guarantee so user beware!!!

Comment

i always prefer to go on the side of caution and do just below the actual fig on my speedo... rather be safe than without a license.

Comment

You can get your kph from CDC30 by scrolling through to the coolant temp screen, 9 from BC I think...

Comment

Originally posted by Dizzy
            You can get your kph from CDC30 by scrolling through to the coolant temp screen, 9 from BC I think...
            Yea but that is still not as accurate as the GPS one, as it takes it from the car itself (probably still the same wheel sensors)

Comment

100mph on gps is showing about 94 on my clock, obviously not conducted on a public road.

Comment

160 on clock 151 Ra. so ive been told.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky
                  Originally posted by Dizzy
                  Yea but that is still not as accurate as the GPS one, as it takes it from the car itself (probably still the same wheel sensors)
                  Yeah i guessed that was the case. Still - looks cool!

Comment

Well did this on mine and tried two settings on the cruise control to help check. According to the speedo dial I was doing 90kph, CDC70 showed variance of 1-2kph from this and the same when speedo was set at 120kph.

Will run another check tommorow on my way to office but so far looks as if it is fairly accurate on the astra (at those speeds anyhow).

Comment

I have cd30,but my speedo is bang on the reading from my Tom Tom
                      sigpic
                      More than 34,900 viewings and counting
                      Click Here to.................
                      See My Wheels
                      See My Wife's EX Wheels now Sold

Comment

I just use the road angel to compare against my speedo, when the car's sittin at 70 Road Angel says its 68!

Had the Road Angel on the bike and the bike speedo read 182 out flat, Road Angel showed 171! Bit of a big difference, but I think & wise its not all that different to the difference in speed when slower.

There's always gonna be a difference with the cars speedo, since its probably been calibrated on different tread depth, or even different wheels

Comment

260 kph (162 mph) on the speedo is 241 kph (151 mph) on gps.

With 19s the Astra OPC can't get faster .
                          Or maybe when it's colder.

Comment

Results.....
                            60mph = 57mph on gps
                            70mph = 66mph on gps
                            30mph = 28mph

Comment

Originally posted by m4rtc
                              100mph on gps is showing about 94 on my clock, obviously not conducted on a public road.
                              Puzzled thinking you might have posted this the wrong way round mate.

Any way tested mine tonight.

Speedo - GPS
                              30 - 28
                              40 - 38
                              50 - 48
                              60 - 58
                              70 - 68
                              80 - 78

now on Mel's private strip
                              120 - 115

Comment

Working...