Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need help-does anyone have their broadband from sky????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help-does anyone have their broadband from sky????

we are looking to move to sky for broadband, phone and sky (obviously) when we move but not sure what there connection is like......so we thought the best place to turn was u guys!!!!

thanks in advance
    sigpic

i cant speak for the broadband but dont have any problems with the sky + its great tom let me know how you get on with tyhe b/band cos i might change it's cheaper than virgin
    sigpic
    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
    M.U.F.C.
    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
      i cant speak for the broadband but dont have any problems with the sky + its great tom let me know how you get on with tyhe b/band cos i might change it's cheaper than virgin
      hi worsy!!!
      actually its lisa :P
      but ill let u off cos i did forget to put it was me lol
      we were with orange before but it kept cutting off so i dont wanna change to anohter 1 thts gonna b like tht aswell...we are with plus.net atm and have no probs with them.....it just means when we move we wont get on for about 2weeks
      sigpic

Comment

Im with orange and we get cut off all the time

Comment

BT broadband for 4+ years now and never had a problem with them, even done the house move perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by VXrBristol
            yea we were to but then we changed it plus.net as we got sick of getting cut off my dad is also with orange and he is the same i got sick of ringing them so i changed providers!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VXR - xtc
              BT broadband for 4+ years now and never had a problem with them, even done the house move perfect.
              yea been told they are good but we aint got sky so thought we would just combine the whole lot and save money!!!! :P

hiya mel....hope you are ok hun!!!

btw as u wud of guessed its lisa
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tomfraser

we were with orange before but it kept cutting off (

Mmm
                Im with Tiscali but have just requested to go over to Orange as i have my mobile with them and they can do upto 8meg for £5.00 a month wifi.

A bloke from work aslo has it but has never said any thing about it cutting off.

As for the Sky my mate is just having it installed so i'll let you know as soon as its up and running

Comment

With Virgin media, got a 10mb line which is being upgraded to 20mb, have maybe 1 outage a year...

Comment

Originally posted by alex_c
                    Originally posted by tomfraser

we were with orange before but it kept cutting off (

Mmm
                    Im with Tiscali but have just requested to go over to Orange as i have my mobile with them and they can do upto 8meg for £5.00 a month wifi.

A bloke from work aslo has it but has never said any thing about it cutting off.

As for the Sky my mate is just having it installed so i'll let you know as soon as its up and running

i would never recommend orange to anyone well not for broadband i have my mobile phone with them but thats all, they wouldnt even help in the end with our disconnection problems and since changing we have been fine!!

is your mate getting the broadband package with sky??
                    if he is id def like to be told what they are like cheers!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi
                      With Virgin media, got a 10mb line which is being upgraded to 20mb, have maybe 1 outage a year...
                      ive seen the virgin one to.....just the sky one seems a great deal and with us already wanting sky seems the right thing to combine them?
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah I went with the Virgin stuff as I was with Telewest. Got the VIP package which gives 10mb broadband (going up to 20mb soon), unlimited UK calls anytime, V+ Box (same as Sky Plus), Second Box upstairs, Sky Movies + Sky Sports + All Other Virgin Channels and Virgin Replay. They also offer a Virgin Sim for £10 a month which allows 300 Txt's and 300 X-Network minutes anytime each month.

But it with Sky already sure they'll do you a good deal if you call em :wink:

Comment

i have the sky max package so have 15meg broadband and apart from some initial hiccups i have had no problems at all ... very fast and with wireless daughter is upstairs and i dont feel the effect on my bandwidth.
                          used to be with telewest , now virgin, and had nothing but trouble with them for the four years we were with them ...only stayed as no other provider could supply over 2 meg, glad to be rid of them and they switch you of at the drop of a hat!!!
                          The speed will depend on how close or far away you are from the exchange by the way ...i am only 200 feet so i get 15.2 out of my 16meg : ))

Ade

Comment

watch dog gave orange the worst broadband provider in the land, not a good advert, im with tiscali 10 years now would not change at all.

www.courtenaysport.co.uk/ For all your tuning needs

Comment

Mmm

Might cancle the order now.

Tell you what i'l do it in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                              X