This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh my god i want a scooby sti

just had a whizz in the blokes sti, its amazing makes my astra seem slow, feels so powerfull, right i want a part ex now
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Better off with an Evo

Got any pics of it?

Comment

Plus you think your Astra's expensive to run?
      To pay for a 600 brake scooby would be outta this world

Comment

Mate, I`ve owned a Scooby STI with PPP on it (Prodrive Performance Pack - 305bhp), and the reality of it is loads of turbo-lag, coupled with major running costs, ie: fuel - 17 mpg , insurance - mega bucks, even with tracker fitted.

Don`t get me wrong mate, they are a fantastic car to drive, with superb power and handling, but they are almost too good for the road, in that you are well into license-losing speeds before you can really start to push the car.

The interiors are also low-rent as well, as is the now-dated shape.

So, in summary, fantastic (but unexploitable) performance and handling, coupled with poor looks, interior, and high running costs.

Take your pick............... :wink:
        sigpic

Comment

yeah interior is a bit basic but its ok, yeah but i could get a standard sti 350bhp would surely not be too much extra in run ning costs, it is just so so nice i got pics on phone wil try get em up tonught, seen on autotrader a white sti with black wheels thinks its 06 model looks well nice,

Comment

evo, yeah but i think subaru is slightly better in reliability

Comment

yeah but i could get a standard sti 350bhp
              Mate, as far as I`m aware, the standard Scooby STI UK model is still "only" 276 bhp; and that`s on the latest model. The power`s not to be sneezed at all, no doubt, but as I said above, running costs are very high.

Depending on your age, if you`re an old bugger like me, you can get insured, but it`s still very high. If younger, you could be paying mega-bucks.

As I said bud, your choice. Have a drive yourself, and see what you think. If you do, you really WILL want one, but bear in mind the running costs and other points I made (if I can be so bold........... :P )
              sigpic

Comment

i got rid of my scooby sti cos it was a pile of ****.
                honest the plasticy inside and i got nothing but rattles and squeeks.
                i paid £27 k for mine and had it 6 weeks the ride was very harsh.
                and for it being faster than the vxr its not that much faster if any...the only way its faster is cos its 4 wheel drive so its got that extra punch where the vxr is smoother.
                they look nice but thee on every street corner,everywhere you look you see them

i will never have one again
                sigpic

Comment

that is so so nice mate, how much would a good second hand one cost,

Comment

your seriously considering selling the astra for a scooby??? :?

Comment

Robbieben has swapped his Stage 2 Astra to a Scooby. Not an STi though I think. He should be able to do a direct comparsion between the two for you.

Comment

dunno what the insurance would be like for a 21 year old but i must say im getting swayed that way, i love it, are they much quicker than a stage 2 astra vxr?

Comment

and they are 10 a penny

all over the place

boring, over driven blah blah blah

yeah they are stunning cars....but id rather stick with the slightly rarer treat (ie, the astra)

and it probably only feels faster because its AWD, they generally feel like they grip and go, which makes you think your going faster. i doubt theres very much difference

Comment

would a standard sti be able to beat a stage 3 300bhp vxr astra? in a straight line that is

Comment

Your insurance will be horrific at 21. They will demand a full tracker system and maybe that the car is garaged overnight.

Running costs will be more for an impreza. Parts when you need it will be more expensive.

Forget about straight line fights, totally irrelevant, when do you ever do that ? its b-roads where the fun is and the impreza will be better here.

The impreza will grip more and be faster through corners. The cost of this is increased transmission loss (figure on 30%+).
                              Imprezas always have been short geared (some of the jap special editions only do 19mph per 1000rpm in top, so you'll be doing over 4000rpm at 80mph on motorways) - uncomfortable.
                              The subaru engines, whilst can be made very strong aren't really the best design - a friend has a uk sti and gets 200mpg to a tank on a commute, so high teens, low 20s mpg. Give it stick and that goes down.

Theres also the lift off oversteer trait that has caught people out before.

I can see why you like the impreza but I think they are a wii car - good fun to start with but you soon get bored of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X