This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much is gas by you guys?

Now remember, us numerically challenged Americans buy our gas by the gallon, and I think you guys buy it by the liter, so educate me and do the conversion. Right now, I'm at $2.89 for a gallon of superunleaded (93octane). How about you? Oh yeah-you guys using pounds or euro's?

Hi Sparticus,

I currently pay around 0.97 pence per litre (high octane), this I think would equate to around $7.28 per U.S gallon - no wonder you don't see many V8's on our roads @ that price!

Comment

It's about the same $7.36 round my parts as well, for the V-Power 99 Octane :? . Got roughly a 13.7 gallon tank in our cars and costs around £50 for a full tank (from empty) which is about $90-$95.

Comment

Do you lot have high octane fuels across there??

Comment

litres - U.S gallons = 3.7854118
          1 U.S dollar = 0.50408307 pounds

0.97 pence per litre x 3.7854118 =£ 3.67 per U.S gallon

£3.67 devided by 0.5048307 = $7.28 per U.S gallon

Super unleaded in the U.K varies between 97 - 102 ron

hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by AlexFi
            It's about the same $7.36 round my parts as well, for the V-Power 99 Octane :? . Got roughly a 13.7 gallon tank in our cars and costs around £50 for a full tank (from empty) which is about $90-$95.
            GoodGawdAlmighty!!! And the way people around here WHINE about how much a gallon of gas is! However, it seems you guys have SUPER-DUPER unleaded. The highest octane rating we can buy at a gas station is 93octane. You can buy 104octane at certain gas stations, but that is considered 'race gas' and costs around $4.50 a gallon. The only real benefit for using 'race gas' is for heavily modded cars running VERY high compresion.

Comment

Yeah and us V8 owners have to fill up a little more often than the 4-bangers

Comment

Originally posted by sparticus
                Originally posted by AlexFi
                GoodGawdAlmighty!!! And the way people around here WHINE about how much a gallon of gas is! However, it seems you guys have SUPER-DUPER unleaded. The highest octane rating we can buy at a gas station is 93octane. You can buy 104octane at certain gas stations, but that is considered 'race gas' and costs around $4.50 a gallon. The only real benefit for using 'race gas' is for heavily modded cars running VERY high compresion.
                If only we could get 104 octane for $4.5 a gallon, we'd be laughing

Our lowest octane is 95 (regular), then we have super (97) and also appearing now are the super super (99) from Shell and our local retail chain Tesco . If we were to use 102 octane, which is available in very limited areas it works out at around $18 a gallon

Comment

Originally posted by BO55 VXR
                  Yeah and us V8 owners have to fill up a little more often than the 4-bangers
                  but do you have fun BO55 ??? :wink:
                  sigpic
                  stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                  M.U.F.C.
                  http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

\/

Comment

102 at my local BP is £2.42 a litre

Comment

Working...
                      X