This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track Day

Just wondered wether anybody was interested in doing this?

http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/vx/microsi..._trackday.html

yeh i read that yesterday looks good for that price maybe we could a group discount
    sigpic
    stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
    M.U.F.C.
    http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Well I've already booked to go on the 5th July at Donnington in the afternoon session, anyone else :wink:

Comment

Probably going to do Thruxton, I know a few people that have done other track days there & have had good reports on it, aparrently its one the faster circuits around - you never know I might be able get my grubby mits on a Monaro or VXR8

Comment

Originally posted by Flinty
          Probably going to do Thruxton, I know a few people that have done other track days there & have had good reports on it, aparrently its one the faster circuits around - you never know I might be able get my grubby mits on a Monaro or VXR8
          I think there is only one VXR8 in the country at the moment. VXL has it shipped/flown in! It was at Brands and I assume it will be at Rockingham??? Doubt it'll be available at the track day! Monaro's probably will though.

I went on one of these track days last year. All the VXR range is available for you to drive around the track. It is good fun although not so good when the track is soaked, it's raining and you're about to drive out in a Monaro for the first time round Brands Hatch!!

Comment

By July i expect there will be a few more VXR8s here.

Interesting, i'd be up for this might see if i can get to Donnington.

Comment

Booked my Thruxton Ticket....

Comment

Thruxton

Comment

Chris/Shane, what day/time are you booked in for. I might be tempted also as it's pretty local to me. Would be nice to know a few people if I go.

Comment

Wed pm session

Comment

Originally posted by IanVXR
                      Chris/Shane, what day/time are you booked in for. I might be tempted also as it's pretty local to me. Would be nice to know a few people if I go.
                      Wed 25th July - PM Session

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie
                        Felicity and i can only do the Thursday so its an afternoon session for us
                        Errr..there is no Thursday AFTERNOON session @ Thruxton - Only a morning one

Comment

Booked Thruxton along with Crafty who should have his Astra by then !!!!Looking forward to it.

Comment

Sorry to be thick but I'd like someone in the know to answer some questions on track days please.
                            • Are the run-wot-ya-brung track days any good?
                              Is it better to do a group booking than make your own arrangements?
                              What is the average cost?
                              How long do you get?
                              Is there any tuition on hand?
                              Are helmets provided?
                              For an Astra VXR what wear and tear might you expect? Accident aside, is it a forgone conclusion that you'll scrub a set of tyres or damage some suspension part?
                              What about insurance?

I've never done a track day but would like to in my own Astra VXR and just wanted to know the implications so if anyone wants to reply or PM me or point me elsewhere I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by napster
                              Sorry to be thick but I'd like someone in the know to answer some questions on track days please.
                              • Are the run-wot-ya-brung track days any good?
                                Is it better to do a group booking than make your own arrangements?
                                What is the average cost?
                                How long do you get?
                                Is there any tuition on hand?
                                Are helmets provided?
                                For an Astra VXR what wear and tear might you expect? Accident aside, is it a forgone conclusion that you'll scrub a set of tyres or damage some suspension part?
                                What about insurance?

I've never done a track day but would like to in my own Astra VXR and just wanted to know the implications so if anyone wants to reply or PM me or point me elsewhere I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks
                              I'll give it a shot at answering some of these as I've looked into doing a track day.

A track day is by all accounts I've read a seriously good experience so long as you and your car come away intact.

I think a group booking where you bring your own car might be a bit of an effort to organise. You're far better going to one of the VXR track days where you drive one of Vauxhall's cars rather than your own, though of course you won't get as much track time.

Cost starts about 85 quid and goes up to 300 depending on what circuit you choose and whether it's open pit or fixed sessions.

For a fixed session day you might get 7 20 minute sessions, on open pit it's as much as you or the car can cope with.

Both open pit and fixed sessions are usually split into groups of novice, intermediate and advanced, tuition from qualified ARD's licensed instructors is usually available for all.

Yes you should be provided with helmets, both full and open face.

I'm not sure about wear and tear, this probably depends how you drive and how long for, make sure you do the usually checks before you go out, oil tyres etc.

You may need additional insurance, obviously check before booking, here's a useful link with info on getting 1 day track insurance

http://www.trackdays.co.uk/car.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X