X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Gumball Rally, This Sunday 29th, Pall Mall 11am - 6pm

I might pop over ..

2007 Gumball Rally, This Sunday 29th, Pall Mall 11am - 6pm Reply with quote
    Get ready for the start of the 2007 Gumball rally this Sunday 29th April at Pall Mall, London. There are a number of exciting cars that will on display from 11am, including three Bugatti Veyron's, McLaren Mercedes SLR's, Porsche Carrera GT, Enzo Ferrari, Lamborghini Gallardo, Maserati Quattroporte as well as fans favourite Turkish Taxi, a Buick Hot Rod, the A-Team and a VW Golf R32 with “Herbie” wrap and many many more... The cars are to set off at 4pm with the last car set to leave at 6pm, so get down early to get the best view of these amazing cars.
    2007 Audi RS4 - sold 2008

Is it going to be shown on tv atall?

Comment

will upload some pixs .. keep an eye out you will all love em ...

Comment

I went along. I wanted to have a feel of what was going on and do the best I could do fly the flag for us VXR boys. Ok we aint quite as exotic as "them" but remember our cars are still very rare and, I think, a deeply special purchase.

Luckily I managed to inadvertantly find my way down Jermyn St, onto St James St and along Picadilly to Hyde Park Corner, where there were MASSIVE crowds. There were alot of enthusiasts and cars around and I think that coupled with the Gumballers made the day so unique. I followed a couple of Skylines into Jermyn St and there were such a large collection of "chancers" (me being one of them) who wanted to be involved. The roads were still being used by public after all but there were some serious motors all converging. I was quite proud to emerge from Jermyn Street in single file, all polished up and I must confess Xenons beaming, to be surrounded by hundreds and hundreds of people all crowding the pavements. Of course, I was never going to be the star of the day, but, I was probably the only Astra VXR present and had waited patiently/managed to take that route in traffic. For me this allowed the crowds to enjoy the car, and I heard a couple of shouts of "VXR" as my windows were down, so I know at least someone enjoyed seeing/hearing the car. There were certainly looks and I felt alot of eyes... I enjoyed driving past that amount of people and doubt I will ever feel that invaded again (unless I go next year).

The rest of my time was spent running with pockets of Gumballers that took the route down form Hyde Park corner towards Victoria and then towards Westminster Bridge... Great day and I managed to run alongside an F40, Enzo, Veyron, Murcielago LP640, Spyker C8 and a few other beauties. I basiclly kept doing a circuit, but it was a long one so allowed me to run with a different posse of partakers and gave me a 20 minute round trip time per circuit. That was a must - I couldn't be up and down one street all the time else I would have soon been sussed!

The following photos are taken from various sources:

And thought I couldn't post this without posting a pic of the thing that made it all possible. Love her to bits:

Comment

Nice pics, some seriously expensive metal in that car park. Would love to have heard the noise they were all kicking up in there.

Comment

what an amazing turnout

Comment

Spotted ya driving down from Hyde Park roundabout. Certainly looked cleaned for the occasion.

Comment

lol - I thought someone must have seen me - I take it you were out on foot? I blasted down there at one point and then went down again more sedately...

Comment

Comment

Amazing photos wish I was there

Comment

Message sent to you follows:
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Issued by Maximillion Cooper on behalf of The Gumball 3000 Rally - 21.30 / 03 May 2007

Following our earlier release reporting yesterday’s accident - As a sign of respect we have decided that this year's Gumball 3000 Rally will not travel any further and will end in Bratislava this evening, May 3rd 2007.

As the organisers of the rally we feel that it should be stopped as a mark of respect to Vladimir Cepulyoski who died today after an accident involving one the participating drivers.

We are very saddened by what has happened and feel that it would be wrong to continue. On behalf of Gumball 3000, we once again extend our deepest sympathies to his family and we are doing everything we can for them.

This is the first time anything like this has happened in 9 years of travelling through over 40 countries with 1000's of drivers and it is with deep regret that I make this announcement.

Maximillion Cooper
                      Founder & CEO
                      The Gumball 3000 Group

Comment

I was reading about this last night, it's caused some controversy that it took so long to cancel the rest of the race....

Terrible thing to happen at an event that has been running so long though, a very sad situation.
                        YOU CAN ALL K155 MY VXR's!!

sigpic

It takes 46 muscles to frown.....but only 4 to flip 'em the bird!!!

Comment

It is sad
                          http://motoring.aol.co.uk/brits-held...04051709990001
                          sigpic
                          More than 34,900 viewings and counting
                          Click Here to.................
                          See My Wheels
                          See My Wife's EX Wheels now Sold

Comment

God, only just heard about that.

It is very sad news indeed.

Comment