This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just seen a boy racer car

think its a nissan starlet gtr or something boxy thing big ugly vent on the bonnet making lost of drones and whoooosssshhh noises anyone know how one of these stacks up to the astra vxr
    Astra vxr mk2 with stage 1 EDS remap

Nissan Pulsar/Sunny GTI-R ,
    2.0l turbo
    4WD,
    200 ft lbs

0-60 5.5 secs
    1/4 mile 13.9
    Top Speed 140 mph

chances are though it wouldn't be standard.

Comment

blimey would a stage 2 or 3 not have it tho

Comment

stage 3 poss, depends on the drivers tho as a bad gear change could mean a win or loss. Power isn't everything its knowing how to use it and apply it.

Comment

so those cars are quick then lol

Comment

Originally posted by VXR - xtc
            stage 3 poss, depends on the drivers tho as a bad gear change could mean a win or loss. Power isn't everything its knowing how to use it and apply it.
            Will be definitely be easier to put down the power with 4wd!

Comment

i thought 4 whl drive can be a pain dont look very good tho lol

Comment

Those Nissan Pulsars are a serious bit of kit. I knew exactly what you meant when I read the first post. Be wary.

Comment

better not try it then i guess lol least not till i get to new turbo stage lol

Comment

I dont know, some will be older now, ragged, low on power. It is just a judgment call bearing in mind all the circumtances.

Comment

Originally posted by P_D
                      I dont know, some will be older now, ragged, low on power. It is just a judgment call bearing in mind all the circumtances.
                      im correct in thinking unless the car has been tuned recent or retuned recent that over the years the horses do a runner? even on a standard untouched car?

Comment

Lets just say when I had my vec Supertouring while going up the A1 I heard a pulsar GTiR before I saw it. Was doing at least 150+

Must have been tuned up to the nuts

Comment

Al cars will lose BHP over time - usually around the 6 year or 70k + time. An old MR2, say 10 years old now, that would have had 240BHP, if was untouched from all that time would be seeing around 205BHP now.

Comment

Originally posted by P_D
                            Al cars will lose BHP over time - usually around the 6 year or 70k + time. An old MR2, say 10 years old now, that would have had 240BHP, if was untouched from all that time would be seeing around 205BHP now.
                            P_D how do arrive at this figure, only many cars actually get better with time (engine loosening up etc) just wondered how you arrived at this figure?

Comment

Just an estimate, as engines loosen yes they improve, but that trend will at some point start to fall again. I have seen alot of cars both from friends, friends of friends, TV and in general that after time have lost power. From what I have read / watched it is a trait, but the finer aspects of why I could not say as I don't know.

Friend of mine had an MR2 - it was a 92 on a K I think, RR'd it in 2003 and it hit 198BHP.

Comment

Working...
                              X