Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does 3 points for Speeding put your insurance up much??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does 3 points for Speeding put your insurance up much??

Hi all,

Well after 8-9 years of driving i've finally been caught... 3 points and £60.

I've only just got my own insurance as I've always been down as a named driver in the past. Therefore next time i renew i will have 1 year no claims but 3 points...

I know it may depend on the insurance company but just wondering if many people have had big increases in their premiums because of this?
    Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, get wasted all of the time and have the time of your life ; )

Mods - Milltek Exhaust System - Private VXR Plate + 'Black Ice' Magic Tree Air freshner!

what speed where u caught herd with a sp-30 u dont even need to tell insurance
    black Astra VXR 08 plate 1500miles may 09
    19" wheels, limo tints,10k HID main/ 6k dipped, 15led sidelights, full CCS retrim, insignia washer jets,cool running thermostat , intercoolers with larger powerpipe and tophat, percys airbox+ oil restrictor, scorpion full 3 inch turbo back exhaust and iridiums READY FOR STAGE 3 FIRST MAP EVER!

Comment

Originally posted by mark_jamieson_2005 View Post
      what speed where u caught herd with a sp-30 u dont even need to tell insurance
      You always need to tell your insurance,
      but i know with some insurance companys with small things they tend to ignore the first one. but only well to tell is to ask

Comment

Caught doing 60 in a 40, which sounds really bad but it was on a 40mph dual carriageway! Not many of them about!!

I was under the impression i'd have to inform them...?
        Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life, get wasted all of the time and have the time of your life ; )

Mods - Milltek Exhaust System - Private VXR Plate + 'Black Ice' Magic Tree Air freshner!

Comment

dunno i think your best bet is to tell wil have a search about on the internet to see if i can find anythin m8
          black Astra VXR 08 plate 1500miles may 09
          19" wheels, limo tints,10k HID main/ 6k dipped, 15led sidelights, full CCS retrim, insignia washer jets,cool running thermostat , intercoolers with larger powerpipe and tophat, percys airbox+ oil restrictor, scorpion full 3 inch turbo back exhaust and iridiums READY FOR STAGE 3 FIRST MAP EVER!

Comment

Originally posted by VxROSS View Post
            Caught doing 60 in a 40, which sounds really bad but it was on a 40mph dual carriageway! Not many of them about!!

I was under the impression i'd have to inform them...?
            You need to tell them or they can void your insurance for non-disclosure - whether they charge any more is up to them

Astra

Comment

I'm deffo going to tell them, just wondered if anyone else has got their first 3 points and if it affected their insurance much...

Surely there's a few on here been in my position considering what we all drive!!

Comment

My other half has 3 points on her licence & when it came for renewal i did the comparison sites quotes thing. I put in with & without her 3 points, just to see what difference it made. In my case it was bout £100, not bad i thought considering as shes only got 2yrs ncb & of course 3 points.

Comment

you do need to tell insurance and most likely it will affect your premium, i got 3 points for using mobile phone and it put 80 quid on mine
                  Stage 3 Arden Astra gone
                  Stage 2 burg

....................Arden Astra .....................
                  Airtec Fmic/tophat/direct route/miltek/weight reduction/RnD mapped

Comment

You HAVE to inform your insurance company of anything which could affect your policy e.g. milage, occupation, points. Not informing the insurance company would be a daft thing as they could void you policy after a claim!!

Comment

I doubt it will, they usually allow for two speeding offences (up to six points), anything other than 'SP' (speeding) offences then they may well question it / increase your premium, but always notify them don't hold any information back to be on the safe side, I doubt you would want your insurance invalidated if anything else were to happen.

Comment

3 points is common these days wouldn'tworry too much.

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                        www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

im still waiting to see if im getting 3 points... was doing 36 in a 30 mph dual carrigway thought it was 40 till i seen the van and my mate went its a 30 you no...
                          Not yet a owner of a corsa vxr... Will be come march.. roll on cheap insurance!

Comment

the missus got done doing 44 in a 30 last week ( dual carriageway not residential)

just done an online quote with the same company we are with using an alias and its went up £400
                            sigpic
                            Originally posted by soosie
                            Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
                            Originally posted by soosie
                            Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

Comment

insurance companies should ALWAYS be informed of any points/prosecution as soon as you get the details from the police.It's not worth not telling the insurer,as your insurance will be null and void(failing to disclose information).

Comment

Working...
                              X