This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insurance estimation

ok so my friend has done more mileage than he said he would do on his insurance policy. Policy estimate 8000miles he's currantly done 10000miles As you only estimate the distance you will travel does it really matter that you do more?

Corsa VXR now sold

I think it's more for the trackable ones, like pay as you go... I know on my punto i put 8000 per year, and over the 2 years i nearly had her i've done nearly 30000. I don't think it makes much difference really...

Comment

insurance company's will try to wriggle out of any claim possible, so if you do a fair bit more driving than you estimated then im pretty sure their gonna try and invalidate any claim. I know its an estimate but i imagine their response would be shouldnt you increase the milage estimate if you get to it? the worst thing would be paying so much for insurance and it not being worth the paper its sent on!!

Comment

just let them know, it shouldn't alter your premium, not for a couple of K miles!

Comment

thanks for the info everyone. we'll ring the insurance company tommorow and see what they say

Corsa VXR now sold

Comment

Sometimes increasing the mileage from 8k to 10k only increases it by a few ££ a year. Give them a ring and ask for a few hypothetical quotes on mileage change before you make up your mind.

Comment

Working...
            X