This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• there is still decent people out there

basically today i went to see the accountant cos its coming up to my 1st yr end and the tax bill needs discussing,so i jumped in the burg and off i went,parked in the village and went to see the accountant,meeting over went back to the car,jumped in,pressed the button and went back to work.

an hr went by and the plod turned up at work and wanted to see me,but all they had was an envelope for me.i opened it up to find £250 and a note.the note read,

as you were away from your very nice motor a lady bumped your car at the rear just as i was stood next to it,she looked as tho she didnt care,so as she got out i made out it was my car,told her that damage had been caused to the lower black valence and i wanted money for it,to which she wanted to know how much,so i phoned the dealer up after finding the number in the phone book in a near by shop,i phoned got a price and a quote for painting and fitting to which was roughly £200,i told the lady £250 and she went to the cash point and withdrew it,and off she went.as i didnt know you or the car from adam i took your reg and went to the local police station and they knew you and the car and said they can deliver it to you asap as you fix there car and needed to pay your bill anyway.hope you get this and you get your car fixed.

no name or any thing,all i can say is what and absolute star he was and wish everybody was just like him,to go through all that trouble for mr knowbody and to even pass the money on was just amazing.

what a guy

the damage is a tiny crack which has gone back and not even noticable but for his troubles am gonna get it done.

so people,good people are still out,few and far between but still about
    white aero , leather,afl,infinity,tints

Lucky you!

The last note left on one of my cars (Asda carpark) went a bit like this....

" I've only left this note as people are watching and I've ran down the side of your car. This note makes people think I've left you my details. You and I of course know differently. Bye bye chump"
    Kentec inside

Comment

what a star

thats what we need more people like that and good on the woman for paying up

Comment

Originally posted by Old man Jimbo View Post
        Lucky you!

" I've only left this note as people are watching and I've ran down the side of your car. This note makes people think I've left you my details. You and I of course know differently. Bye bye chump"
        oh dear what a nob but sorry to say quite witty

Comment

Lucky you!

sorry but i cant help laugh at thatquick thinking on his behalf

dave whoever that is needs to let you know so you can buy him a pint,thats a real good story an shows there is some real good folk out there
          sigpic

Comment

Amazing story - truly a decent chap, wish there was more like that about

Astra

Comment

Ah but he is from Cumbria eh, they breed them different up there.

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

A pleasing thread
                VXR8 LS3 - PHANTOM BLACK. WP Power Pack Remap, Bi-Modal Exhaust, WP Cats & Headers, 20" Alloys, Lowered Suspension, HSV ID Kit, WP Wheel Centres

GONE ------- Zafira VXR - Power Red - Stage 3 / Zafira VXR - Arden Blue / Astra VXR Nurburgring - Stage 2 / Astra VXR - Power Red

Comment

its somthing id try .....not sure you would get the cash but hey its the thought that counts top fella
                  WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

Originally posted by vxr c dave View Post
                    basically today i went to see the accountant cos its coming up to my 1st yr end and the tax bill needs discussing,so i jumped in the burg and off i went,parked in the village and went to see the accountant,meeting over went back to the car,jumped in,pressed the button and went back to work.

an hr went by and the plod turned up at work and wanted to see me,but all they had was an envelope for me.i opened it up to find £250 and a note.the note read,

as you were away from your very nice motor a lady bumped your car at the rear just as i was stood next to it,she looked as tho she didnt care,so as she got out i made out it was my car,told her that damage had been caused to the lower black valence and i wanted money for it,to which she wanted to know how much,so i phoned the dealer up after finding the number in the phone book in a near by shop,i phoned got a price and a quote for painting and fitting to which was roughly £200,i told the lady £250 and she went to the cash point and withdrew it,and off she went.as i didnt know you or the car from adam i took your reg and went to the local police station and they knew you and the car and said they can deliver it to you asap as you fix there car and needed to pay your bill anyway.hope you get this and you get your car fixed.

no name or any thing,all i can say is what and absolute star he was and wish everybody was just like him,to go through all that trouble for mr knowbody and to even pass the money on was just amazing.

what a guy

the damage is a tiny crack which has gone back and not even noticable but for his troubles am gonna get it done.

so people,good people are still out,few and far between but still about

Lucky you!

Bet you'd have loved to have caught the f**ker putting that on your windscreen. What an absolute nob!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by moeman View Post
                      ya right there bud

really am pleased cos didnt notice at all,i walked to it from the front so wouldnt of seen it but the crack is so small it wouldnt really bother me,its gone back and is totally invisable,but yeah,what a star he is.

Comment

WOW I'd of left my name and number so you could atlest of bought me a drink!!

Maybe he told the lady it was 500?

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

tbh im just so surprised with what hes done,wouldnt bother me if he charged her 1k,its just purely what hes done.

Comment

Good news there for ya mate.

Comment

Originally posted by moeman View Post
                              MMmm but my incident was in Carlisle Asda AKA Cumbria....
                              Kentec inside

Comment

Working...
                              X