This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing Window Tints

I went to have a look at my ST at the dealer today. Previous owner has put tints all round (minus windscreen) I would like to remove the front side tints and just leave the back half. For safety at night and looks really.

Best and easiest way to do this?

On the upside the car is truly immaculate, not a mark on anything! Well happy

Thanks
    sigpic
    Focus ST3 in Orange 06' - Dreamscience Race Re-Map - DMB Orange Ford Overlays - Carbon Wrap Key - ST Orange Trim Mats - Facelift Duffuser - Facelift LED Rear Lights - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - LED Interior Lights - Silver Side Stripes - ST & DS Badges - Tinted Rear Windows - Vinyl Front Grill Lip - Rattle Free

I got stopped by the police and made to remove my front tints and they just peeled off no marks even

Comment

No glue residue left over?
      sigpic
      Focus ST3 in Orange 06' - Dreamscience Race Re-Map - DMB Orange Ford Overlays - Carbon Wrap Key - ST Orange Trim Mats - Facelift Duffuser - Facelift LED Rear Lights - Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta - LED Interior Lights - Silver Side Stripes - ST & DS Badges - Tinted Rear Windows - Vinyl Front Grill Lip - Rattle Free

Comment

just peal the film off and use a glass scraper and window cleaner to get rid of the glue, might take some doing but it will come off.

Comment

I've been told to use a stanley blade scraper tool. £3.50 from B&Q, will that be ok?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trist View Post
            No glue residue left over?
            just a very very slight bit but you couldn't really see it unless you was looking for it definately didn't need a scraper just a wipe over with glass cleaner. obviously different places use different films and methods though..

Comment

Originally posted by Trist View Post
              I've been told to use a stanley blade scraper tool. £3.50 from B&Q, will that be ok?
              Yes mate if you need it to remove any glue that will be ideal
              sigpic

Comment

we use one of those wall paper stripers at work to remove tints u know the one with all the steam

Comment

Cheers guys I've got all the tools ready + the wallpaper stripper
                  sigpic

Comment

just be careful trist,when i got pulled and the police pulled mine off they let so much residue,i tried everything even petrol but it was not coming off,looked **** and effected the windows when i wanted them down.This was down to the tinter using such strong adhesive so i imagine others could be like mine was.

Comment

Cheers tom, I'll bare that in mind, I might get the dealer to pull them off.
                      sigpic

Comment

i had loads of glue etc when i had to take mine off, water and a stanley blade worked a treat!!!

Comment

No scratches or marks left on the glass?
                          sigpic

Comment

Mine left a shed load of glue when i took the front tints off,i didnt have anythn to get it off so just used an old credit card..took hrs

Comment

Thank god I've got next weekend free then
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X