This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to avoid scammers

A mate of mine is about to sell his car... it’s up for 18,000.... What’s the best way to avoid being scammed, we all know these people send bogus cheques and fake cash and as its a lot of money, he wants to make sure he doesn’t get duped.

What’s the best approach he should take...

Sell it to longy79 on here - he's a trader

If they are paying cash you could get it paid into your account before you hand over the keys that way you know it's not fake.
    Same goes with cheque - until it clears, keys stay with you

Astra

Comment

You cant do anything to guarentee not to be scammed im afraid

Comment

take a bankers draft for it and take them to there bank ie tsb-natwest to get the draft,that way you can see it been handed over the counter to the buyer so you no its genuine

Comment

A pal of my brother-in-law bought a Range Rover Sport couple of weeks ago out the auto trader. He paid bout 15k cash for it. Went to get road tax for it from the post office and they foned the police there and then. Turns out it was stolen. Bit of a tool if you ask me spending that much money on a car and not carrying out any checks on it

Comment

if there handing cash get a pen from your local cash n carry which detects fake notes, i use them all the time at work there very good! only cost about £2... but cash is safest IMO
            Not yet a owner of a corsa vxr... Will be come march.. roll on cheap insurance!

Comment

Originally posted by Hotchy1 View Post
              if there handing cash get a pen from your local cash n carry which detects fake notes, i use them all the time at work there very good! only cost about £2... but cash is safest IMO
              en

Even with £50 notes.... thats 360 of them!!!

Comment

Working...
              X