This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for sensible help and advise with neighbour issues

Guys im looking for some sensible advise because at the moment my neighbour is making our family's life hell

The story is we have lived next door to the same guy for years and never had a problem , last year he got divorced and then met his new partner . Because she already had her own accomadation he has decided to rent his house out . Beginning of August this year she moves in along with 2 kids a boy and a girl . Now we only have a bedroomed house the same and i think it is strange a boy and girl sharing the same room , he is 8 she is younger .

But from day one they have created so much noise and disturbance it is unreal , footballs keep coming over what is a 10ft wall straight in to our fish pond . On most occassions there are ateast another 2 boys stopping in the house along with the girls sister . Last friday there were 5 kids and 2 adults all up till 3am shouting and screaming

As you have may have guessed she is a single young mother who does not move all day and i take it she claims benefit , she runs a car and smokes like a trooper . To give an example of her parenting skills she lets the lad run all over the top her car and just laughs at him

We have had numerous arguments about the noise and the balls coming over . We have spoken to the our old neighbour and he has also had several words with her but she i son a contract with him until next year

Now i have accessed parts of her wall on facebook and it seems they are having a laugh at our expense , it is being done to p1ss us off and this is in righting which i have printed off , these are her words

I have an appointment with the enviromental health this week and also the police as i take this now as personal harrassment

Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this and how did you deal with it , im not the sort to go round for a fight so i will only deal with things inside the law

Thank you for your time

take pictures, video evidence the lot. Build up as much evidence as possible and speak with other neighbours. the bigger, stronger case the better then see a solicitor with it all inc police etc

Dont keep ringing police as this may lead to retaliation.

Advise the old neo=ighbour that you will seek legal action but this is nothing personal against him and that he has a duty as a landlord to comply, he will also have the right to terminate any agreement is they are in breach. He sounds either too weak to do anything or too stupid to realise he can.

Either he gets rid or legal action is raised.

good luck

Comment

Originally posted by YTVXR View Post
      take pictures, video evidence the lot. Build up as much evidence as possible and speak with other neighbours. the bigger, stronger case the better then see a solicitor with it all inc police etc

Dont keep ringing police as this may lead to retaliation.

Advise the old neo=ighbour that you will seek legal action but this is nothing personal against him and that he has a duty as a landlord to comply, he will also have the right to terminate any agreement is they are in breach. He sounds either too weak to do anything or too stupid to realise he can.

Either he gets rid or legal action is raised.

good luck
      Cheers mate , they are making our life hell at the moment . I cannot survive living like this , its a case of either they will go or we will move but we love our house and have made it into our home , if you know what i mean .

Comment

is she is on benefits she will they will be only alowed a 2 bed house cause both children are under 10.

i know how u feel about anoying neighbours i have had my fair share i would just keep complaining till something is done if that doesnt work make her life hell till she moves

Comment

Yes she must be on benefits as she never works , one of our first words with her was because there were 4 pople playing football in the back garden , these were her brothers upto to 18 yrs old so not young kids . They were playing against our new fencing we paid hundreds of pounds to have installed at the beginning of this year . We asked her if she could tell them not to use the fence as a goal because if the ball breaks a panel she would be responsible . Her attitude was whatever , i aint got no money so i aint paying for nothing .

Her oldest child is 8 , but is she allowed to have what i call an open house ? 4 Days out 7 there are other kids and other adults stayng over , i would love to see the sleeping arrangements , if here sister stays she has 2 boys and a girl . so there is 5 kids and 2 adults in a 2 bedroom semi detached house .

Comment

weve got some teenagers who have moved over the road from us and they have all there little teenage mates round every weekend shouting fighting etc its crap people just have no respect when they dont pay for there houses.

Comment

Originally posted by jess269 View Post
              weve got some teenagers who have moved over the road from us and they have all there little teenage mates round every weekend shouting fighting etc its crap people just have no respect when they dont pay for there houses.
              I know , i think you hit the nail on the head with the word RESPECT , there is no respect anymore .

What can you do not all tenants are surely the same , both myself and my wife grew up in council houses , but eveyone got along and respected each other . My wife gets upset now when we are out and its time to head back home. Something needs to alter soon

There back garden looks like a rubbish dump , toys everywhere , i dread to think what the house is like inside
              Last edited by metoyou; 13 October 2009, 10:26 AM.

Comment

there are rules ref tenancy and ammount of poeple when on benefits but if its a private rental then surely shes paying somehow and as such not attached to the befits? if that makes sense??

unless the old neighbour has rented it to a tenants association, if so find out who and they will move them to a bigger more suited house and replace with diff people.

Comment

there are rules ref tenancy and ammount of poeple when on benefits but if its a private rental then surely shes paying somehow and as such not attached to the befits? if that makes sense??

unless the old neighbour has rented it to a tenants association, if so find out who and they will move them to a bigger more suited house and replace with diff people.
                  He had it advertised through an estate agent to let , but the board was removed and then a few months later he moved out , the same day she moved in . According to him she rents it privately from him , she can't work as she never seems to move for more than an hour or two . Unless she works from home but she doesn't seem the sort for business work if you know what i mean . Unless of cours if the kids father is paying for the house .

She got married last year ( aug 2008 , but not to the kids dad) but aparently is now seperated , yet her Husband does still come and stay over occassionally
                  Last edited by metoyou; 13 October 2009, 10:49 AM.

Comment

then its private rental and benefits aside will be irrelivant pal.

solicitor. talk to the old neighbour. go round tonight. do it now rather than later.

Comment

then its private rental and benefits aside will be irrelivant pal.

solicitor. talk to the old neighbour. go round tonight. do it now rather than later.
                      We are working with the old neighbour , the tenant as told us not to step foot on her property so we will not go round

We have a meeting with the enviromental health . I will also book an appointment with a solicitor to see if we can take any legal action

Thank you for all your help

Comment

Originally posted by metoyou View Post
                        We are working with the old neighbour , the tenant as told us not to step foot on her property so we will not go round

We have a meeting with the enviromental health . I will also book an appointment with a solicitor to see if we can take any legal action

Thank you for all your help
                        didnt mean go rounf to hers meant the owner

id book a solicitor as soon as pal, you will feel better knowing its in hand. then just grin through gritted teeth at them if they she plays up or is annoying you.

Comment

I work for our local council in the housing department so as you would expect I hear this sort of problem a lot. My advice would be to keep a written record of any problems including times, what happened, who was involved etc and get as many neighbours as possible to do the same as should it go as far as court you will all back each others statements up. Also get environmental services involved as if she is being very noisy they can install decimeters to measure how much noise she is actually making and they can then take action. As said, dont ring the police for everything as they can only do so much to help at this stage and may just make her worse. Also as mentioned, get the landlord more involved because he is the one with the contract and in that contract will be a list of tenancy conditions, one of which will almost certainly involve causing nuisance to neighbours and the surrounding properties. Dont take no for an answer otherwise you will only be taken for a mug. Hope you get it sorted mate.
                          '56' Arden Astra VXR : 19s,Bluetooth,Cruise Control,Xenon Hella Dynabeams,Glovebox Aircon,Check Control,Auto Locking Doors/Anti-Hijack,Piano Black Dash,VXMMI,Parking Sensors,Rear View Camera,SMD Conversion,CC Bootstrip,VXR Indicator Decals,Courtenay Brake Ducts,Insignia Washer Jets,Armrest,Wind Deflectors,Shiny & Carbon Engine Bits,Short Aerial,VXR Tax Disc Holder,Opel Rear Surround,VXR Buckle Covers.

Comment

If its a noise complaint, talk to the council as the rozzers dont get involved with that anymore. They will send you out a log so you can write all the instances on and record times etc etc. If they deem it to be serious enough they can send out environmental health agents to have a listen or put sound monitoring equipment in your house. With that evidence, they can take action against the family who will then probably throw paint stripper on your car.

Good luck.

Comment

next time the ball comes into your garden, either boot it as far down the street as you can or put a knife through it!
                              Tuned by RnD Motorsport

Comment

Working...
                              X