This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cim problems

hi all i am currently having problems with the cim on my zafira and am out of warranty i have tried getting vauxhall to pay as this is a manufacturing defect with alot of cars. i would like to compile a list of cars that have had this problem or are having this problem as i am trying to get them to repair all peoples free of charge please put down your user name and car and year on the list below many thanks all

1, vxr maniac, zafira, 2006.
    2, chappers23,astra, 2006.
    3, hoggy a,astra berg 2008 repaired twice.
    4, vxrmadmatt astra 2006.
    Last edited by vxr maniac; 17 October 2009, 07:28 PM.
    STAGE 6 Courtenay intercooler, Quaife lsd, 3" exhaust, Percys tophat, gt28/68 hta, custom made parts, Whiteline rarb, DAP springs, Courtenay 16 grove discs, Mintex M1144 pads, stainless braided hoses, brake cooling ducts, 5.1 dot fluid, Insignia washer jets. over400bhp and 400f/lbs Courtenay tuned.

Comment

What are the symptoms?
      Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

Comment

car wont start engine light flashes had the software update lasted a couple of weeks told need new cim engine codes 1614 i think
        STAGE 6 Courtenay intercooler, Quaife lsd, 3" exhaust, Percys tophat, gt28/68 hta, custom made parts, Whiteline rarb, DAP springs, Courtenay 16 grove discs, Mintex M1144 pads, stainless braided hoses, brake cooling ducts, 5.1 dot fluid, Insignia washer jets. over400bhp and 400f/lbs Courtenay tuned.

Comment

If the warranty has expired I think you will struggle with this - might be better for you to find any Field Remedy corrections that might relate to the CIM and show that your car should have been fixed?

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
            If the warranty has expired I think you will struggle with this - might be better for you to find any Field Remedy corrections that might relate to the CIM and show that your car should have been fixed?
            i have spoken to a lawyer and he said cause it is a common defect on thousands of cars they law states the goods are not fit for purpose and this applies for 5 years if i can prove this is a very common problem which it is

Comment

Originally posted by vxr maniac View Post
              i have spoken to a lawyer and he said cause it is a common defect on thousands of cars they law states the goods are not fit for purpose and this applies for 5 years if i can prove this is a very common problem which it is
              It's actually 6 years - but it's proving the fault was there originally that's the problem and it could be more costly than doing the repair yourself
              And even if a few thousand cars are affected - it may still be a small percentage of the total sale of those cars

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
                It's actually 6 years - but it's proving the fault was there originally that's the problem and it could be more costly than doing the repair yourself
                And even if a few thousand cars are affected - it may still be a small percentage of the total sale of those cars
                from what i,ve seen on lots of forums this is a very wide spread problem more common on 06 plates

Comment

Originally posted by vxr maniac View Post
                  from what i,ve seen on lots of forums this is a very wide spread problem more common on 06 plates
                  Forums can distort the truth - Piston number 4 on the Corsa is a good example of that

Astra

Comment

we had our astra berg done twice with this problem

Comment

3, hoggy a,astra berg 2008 repaired twice

Comment

come on people i know theres lots more people who have had this problem and those without warrantys on there cars are having to pay for manufacturing faults get your names on the list please

Comment

stick me down 06 astra

Comment

3, hoggy a,astra berg 2008 repaired twice
                            4, SilverSchoolBus, zafira, 2006, repaired once
                            Zaffy VXR| RARB | Vxracing 19s in Gloss Black |Stage 3丨Turboback Miltek 丨TX Intercooler丨CDTI set-up with Pipercross Open Cone丨Forge Recric Valve 丨 Debaged 丨Corsa Indicator Surroundings |Full Rear Sunblinds | Leds Footwell Lightings丨

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...
                              X