Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

advice on buying a astra vxr on a 56 plate???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice on buying a astra vxr on a 56 plate???

Hey guys & girls I need a bit of advice on buying a astra? Its pretty standard on spec its a 2006 (56) im thinking the mileage is a bit high 74k but the rest of the car looks neat & tidy see the link
    http://www.cargiant.co.uk/search/details-440967.asp
    any help & advice and maybe a few pointers on what to look for the obvious would be a smokey turbo(had that problem with my bus & ended up buying a new turbo)so i would be very greatful for a heads up as i dont want to buy a bum motor
    cheers
    Phattboychef

check timing blet and water pump have been done at that mileage!!
    sigpic
    Originally posted by soosie
    Gosh Cerberus , yours is exceptionally long !
    Gosh Cerberus , really, really HUGE !

Comment

The high milage would put me off a bit mate, just my opinion though

Comment

milage bit high for me. check all the electricals work espeally the fan blower lol as i didnt and it was fooooooked

Comment

I got Mine with 59k on the clock 06 plate. I only do about 6k a year so it will even out over the years.

No problems with mine at the moment
          Flame Red Astra VXR, 19" Alloys

Comment

i think youd be crazy to pay that money for that mileage shop about youl get a better deal

Comment

if its been serviced properly i dont see that mileage being a prob....i saw one at local dealer on a 56 plate with 38k on clock go for £13k, so not a bad price either.
              sigpic v6 and loving it

Comment

i picked my 56 plate up from eastbourne vauxhall last year on 56 plate, very well specced, 19k for 10995. look about mate, even if its been well looked after its a lot of miles

Comment

Milage maybe high but that just makes the car more of a bargin if your a LOW milage driver. If your a high milage driver yourself then maybe stay clear?

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

74k is alot of miles i payed 9500 with 12k last dec if u be patient and shop about u will get a good deal

Comment

i payed 9500 +7500euro vrt so it cost me about 15 sterling u dont no how lucky yous r living in the uk

Comment

remember though the 2nd hand price of VXR's is at a premium just now as there wont have been many sold during the "credit crunch" so 2nd hand 1's are getting rarer.

There are a few cheaper 1's on pistonheads with less mileage , but as said if its well serviced the mileage isnt an issue
                        sigpic

Comment

As mentioned would shop around a bit. I got mine a couple of months back for just under£10.5k with 20k miles, 19s, bluetooth and cruise options. Just keep looking and one will come up at the right price. Cerberus is right though, they do seem to have gone up abit in price recently.
                          '56' Arden Astra VXR : 19s,Bluetooth,Cruise Control,Xenon Hella Dynabeams,Glovebox Aircon,Check Control,Auto Locking Doors/Anti-Hijack,Piano Black Dash,VXMMI,Parking Sensors,Rear View Camera,SMD Conversion,CC Bootstrip,VXR Indicator Decals,Courtenay Brake Ducts,Insignia Washer Jets,Armrest,Wind Deflectors,Shiny & Carbon Engine Bits,Short Aerial,VXR Tax Disc Holder,Opel Rear Surround,VXR Buckle Covers.

Comment

i got mine 8k. 24k on the clock, cat d of course but fully repaired

Comment

Originally posted by beefycol View Post
                              i got mine 8k. 24k on the clock, cat d of course but fully repaired
                              apart from the heater
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X