This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suggestion ref sinbin/ban

o.k, sin bin banned nonsense is getting out of hand.

we are all capable of reading and making decisions.

frankly those too PC to differentiate between a joke or banter or simply get too easily offended ( maybe get a life/grip?) need realise the type of forum they are on and what they are about to read if they so wish.

why not, if your going to start a thread/post we highlight it on the title with a symbol or abreviation of something to warn those who apply to the above to not BOTHER OPENING OR READING IT!!! then you cant get offended etc

oh and im not condoning the genuinely offensive comments such as racism, homophobia etc etc etc

thoughts?

Originally posted by YTVXR View Post
    o.k, sin bin banned nonsense is getting out of hand.

we are all capable of reading and making decisions.

frankly those too PC to differentiate between a joke or banter or simply get too easily offended ( maybe get a life/grip?) need realise the type of forum they are on and what they are about to read if they so wish.

why not, if your going to start a thread/post we highlight it on the title with a symbol or abreviation of something to warn those who apply to the above to not BOTHER OPENING OR READING IT!!! then you cant get offended etc

oh and im not condoning the genuinely offensive comments such as racism, homophobia etc etc etc

thoughts?
    Good idea mate....but seeing as you have an opinion your getting sin binned
    sigpicUse to have Astra VXR ST2(courtenay Sport ) 281bhp & 323lb/ft
    Gotta L200 4x4 now....Mental
    Who is up for a spot of Offroading

Comment

Originally posted by rams View Post
      Good idea mate....but seeing as you have an opinion your getting sin binned
      +1
      MB E63s AMG
      MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
      Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
      Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

let them. if they ban me for this ill go. it would monumentaly ridiculous for voicing an opinion which in no way could offend anyone rreeeally! i mean u gotta be a major PC lover to react badly to it. i mean it would be like sticking an 18 rating on dvd's in blockbuster so kids know not to have them.

Comment

oh look.....tumbleweed .by the time i've typed this there'll be no one here to read it....
          sigpic
          black 17" TD1.2's , 2.5" cobra stainless turbo back system with sports cat , courtney performance filter ,astra vxr rarb,led 501's & mtec's , heko wind deflectors x4 ,Cross hatch grille, alloy pedals and 225.6 BHP
          1 OF ONLY 99 ARDEN BLUE MERIVA VXR'S IN THE UK......and this one's all mine !!!
          1/4 mile in 14.642 @ 95.40 mph at Shakespeare sprint night

Comment

If you have a suggestion send it to one of the admins, Sheriff etc

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
              If you have a suggestion send it to one of the admins, Sheriff etc
              Correct , everything is always discussed.
              HeavenlyDetail
              Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

its a suggestion to the forum users though mate. better to have more feedback than one persons view if that makes sense? its a democracy people not a dictatorship ha ha

and tumbleweed??? nah ......

Comment

marc ive no issues if you wanna remove this and have a think on it? just easier sometimes to get a few thoughts rather than just mods if that makes sense?

Comment

Originally posted by YTVXR View Post
                    marc ive no issues if you wanna remove this and have a think on it? just easier sometimes to get a few thoughts rather than just mods if that makes sense?
                    I dont have a problem at all and never have. The biggest problem has always been the fact that wording on here states people are banned on their header when infact no one has been banned only removed for a week to chill. The biggest problem is that people jump to conclusions , all these people banned and in the sin bin , its only 6 people out of a community of 10,000 members and hopefully it will remain that amount. The other problem is we work as a team and we discuss individual cases as a team and only one of us hits the button so if i hit the button every night because im happy to it looks like its me doing it when infact im just the person who has opted to , it could be anyone of us but these things always happen in the evening when myself boss and mandy are on. We dont look at everything as pc to the extent you say , lots gets let through and some things are borderline and let go but we have a duty to the forum and its members , if it is racial or homophobic even 1% it breaks the boundary and cant be tolerated even if someone thinks its ok sadly it will offend someone so its removed.
                    I think people are starting to understand that this is simply trying to weed out the bad parts and improve the good for the good of the forum.
                    I believe vxronline next year will have some great things for members to be a part of and expect it to bloom well.
                    I hope that gives you a little reassurance.
                    Last edited by Heavenly; 28 October 2009, 12:26 AM.
                    HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc View Post
                      I dont have a problem at all and never have. The biggest problem has always been the fact that wording on here states people are banned on their header when infact no one has been banned only removed for a week to chill. The biggest problem is that people jump to conclusions , all these people banned and in the sin bin , its only 6 people out of a community of 10,000 members and hopefully it will remain that amount. The other problem is we work as a team and we discuss individual cases as a team and only one of us hits the button so if i hit the button every night because im happy to it looks like its me doing it when infact im just the person who has opted to , it could be anyone of us but these things always happen in the evening when myself boss and mandy are on. We dont look at everything as pc to the extent you say , lots gets let through and some things are borderline and let go but we have a duty to the forum and its members , if it is racial or homophobic even 1% it breaks the boundary and cant be tolerated even if someone thinks its ok sadly it will offend someone so its removed.
                      I think people are starting to understand that this is simply trying to weed out the bad parts and improve the good for the good of the forum.
                      I believe vxronline next year will have some great things for members to be a part of and expect it to bloom well.
                      Nicely put. Can we save these good things for the people that do respect the forum and fellow members

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc View Post
                        I hope that gives you a little reassurance.
                        Being a mod is a thankless task - hope things settle down so that you guys can enjoy the forum as well as Mod duty

Astra

Comment

i would suggest reading this

VXRadmin
                          Administrator

Inappropriate and Abusive Posting
                          The Admin/Mod team appreciate there is a large diversity of interests and attitudes amongst forum members, but over the past several months it has become apparent that there has been an increase in the number of inappropriate threads being started within many sections of the site and an increase in the use of abusive behaviour/language towards other forum members, whether by posting on a thread or by private messages.

To this end and with immediate effect the following will apply until further notice:

1. Any forum member found, either starting a thread or posting inappropriate content, whether directly on a thread or by a link to another site, will be banned for a period of 7 days WITHOUT further notice.

2. Any forum member found to be either abusive from a Private Message or is found to be abusive within threads will be banned for a period of 14 days WITHOUT further notice.

3. Should a forum member who has a position of responsibility (mainly towards the forum members), be seen to be abusive or post inappropriate content then they will be banned for a period of 1 month WITHOUT further notice.

4. A decision made by the Admin/Mod team is final. Should forum members become abusive and insulting to other forum members/Admin/Mod team, due to disagreement on such decision, similar actions, may be issued to those concerned, at the Admin/Mod teams descretion.

5. Should a forum member return from a ban and continue to post such content (whether inappropriate or abusive) they will be removed from the site permanently, or until such times the Admin/Mod team see fit to release their user id.

6. All PM's sent to forum memebers from the Admin/Mod team are to be kept confidential at all times and are not for public consumption (whether by PM or posting on any forum), unless at the explicit permission of the Admin/Mod team. Should a forum member choose to ignore the above then a ban may be issued at the Admin/Mod team discretion WITHOUT further notice for a period of 7 days.

If a forum member would like to post a thread, but is unsure as to the content, then they are advised to send it to one of the Admin/Mod team for approval or rejection.

All forum members should realise and appreciate that this site is primarily for car enthusiasts and is directed at all ages of persons with an interest in the Vauxhall product, the VXR brand and motoring in general.

It is not the wish ,by the Admin/Mod team, to ban any member of this forum, but we will no longer tolerate the use of inappropriate content or abusive behaviour which is detrimental to the well being, security and image of this site.
                          www.themarkwrightproject.org.uk
                          www.combatstress.org.uk

Comment

So what do we think about some sort of warning next to threads? I mean what one deems offensive another wont? Its usually the minority?

And i agree 100% marc about certain things lieke racism n homophobia, that cant be tolerated.

Comment

To be honest we do actually try to implement this and the staff on here know if a youtube video shows anything graphic etc or borderline we either pm the member or put a disclaimer in. I think the biggest problem is peoples walks of like. Now this isnt meant to sound strange but what i mean is we are all so different and diverse in our attitudes and the way we think. For instance i work in the print , the guys i work with f and blind all day , we have guys mags lieing around and have no problem talking like guys regarding all subjects as it stays in house , on the other side of the scale we have police officers and or solicitors on here and women with small children who would be most upset if they were present in the room listening to what we chat about and this is where the problem lies , i know what is said at work cant be said on here and i have to think about every sentence i type whereas some people type what they think as its normal. Aracist joke down the pub even between myself and an asian friend of which i have many brings a laugh , one of my good friends on here calls me his white brother everytime we speak on the phone but should someone speak as this on here someone somewhere would be highly offended. It is hard and it isnt easy but it has to be the way because thats the rules not only on here but in society now. As a general rule i think it runs ok , there are and have been a few smaller issues which are and have been straightened out and some valuable members have vented their opinions in the past and have paid the price for it but will return at some point to give an input back into the forum.
                              HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Working...
                              X