This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick insurance question

My mate has his drivers window smashed by some scroat (never saw who did it) outside his house. He told me he went through his insurance to get it repaired and he had to pay his excess of (was about) £200 to get it fixed . I said he should have a separate glass excess on his policy but he was 99% sure it was just one excess for all claims.
    Could that be true or does every policy from every insurer have a separate glass excess amount, for say £60 / £70?
    VXR8 LS3 - PHANTOM BLACK. WP Power Pack Remap, Bi-Modal Exhaust, WP Cats & Headers, 20" Alloys, Lowered Suspension, HSV ID Kit, WP Wheel Centres

GONE ------- Zafira VXR - Power Red - Stage 3 / Zafira VXR - Arden Blue / Astra VXR Nurburgring - Stage 2 / Astra VXR - Power Red

Every insurance firm will be different he will need to check his policy for the information.But generally yes the glass excess is different to the excess for something like an accident. Im with elephant my glass excess is £70.
    Oh My god Nissan what have you done? You haven't created a machine
    You just made a MONSTER!!!!

Astra vxr 19's, cd70+cid+aux in, bluetooth, climate control, parking sensors. Retro fitted:- afls, headlamp washers, cruise control, check control, sight and light, folding mirrors, anti hi-jack, vx-racing edition full leathers, cid video interface, reversing camera

Comment

Is that glass excess or windscreen excess??

Comment

i generally just thought that it was eindscreen galss cover which was cheaper excess then anything else

Comment

Working...
        X