This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finance on my car

i have come into bad circumstances and i really cant afford to keep my car on at the moment, i am only just managing to pay the monthly payments each month at the moment and i have alot of other things which need paying off, what i was wanting to ask is

if i was to sell the car private how would i go about this as i want the finance payed but understand the issue with if they bought it would i pay finance but if i took money is it really or would a cheque go through, im not a scammer but others may think it

how would i go about this and is there any decent places i could maybe trade my car in

any help would be great thanks

how long you had the car?

do you owe more than the car?

Comment

you need to speak to the company that financed it when i had my meriva nicked and not recoverd the ins paid them all the money not me as they own the car speak to them explain your situation and they may be able to help ? hope that helps sorry to here your problems
      FABIA vRS WITH PD160 INTAKE, PIPERCROSS FILTER, STRUT BRACE, EIBACH PRO SPRINGS, 312MM AUDI TT BRAKES,BOOST GAUGE,FMIC, WATER SPRAYER, RARB, WIDE MOUTH BUMPER, 17" OCTAVIA vRS SPIDERS PAINTED GTR GRAY WITH PRADA SPEC 2's AND CELTIC TUNNED
      182.1BHP-300FT-LB @ 26 psi 1/4 MILE 14.966 SEC
      "NO SMOKE NO POKE" R.I.P MIGHTY MERV

Comment

You need to see how much the car owes on the finance by getting a settlement. Then get a valuation from a few dealers and see if the cars in equity or negative equity. You can then always look at selling it privately to get a little bit more money.

Comment

i will ring for a settlement on the car this week, i bought the car for 14,500 and i owe about 13500 on finance cos i have only had it since april, im not sure on what i want to do at the moment

what would i do if i was to sell it private with it been on finance

Comment

When you sold it you would need the new owner to pay the finance company direct

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
              When you sold it you would need the new owner to pay the finance company direct
              yeah thought so, just wierd with the time they can take and would they send a valid cheque

hoping to get something sorted out which would mean i could keep it which i really want to do

Comment

Working...
              X