Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice on becoming a driving instructor.....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on becoming a driving instructor.....

Im despererate for a career change and was considering driving instruction seeing as driving is one of my passions. I have been to 'RED' today for an informal interview and it does look tempting but half of me is thinking it seems a bit too good to be true, if its a good as theyre making out and the money is that good im thinking why do they seem so desperate to get people in like with all the adverts and phone calls to get me booked in as soon as possible to see them
    Is there anybody that can give me some advice on whether driving instruction is a good career move and also does anybody have any experience with RED driving school?

my mate has just started doin it on his own tho if you join one of the big companys like red there is a financial comitment needed from you because of the car and from what he says its not cheap but he make alot ov money doin it so best ov luck
    sigpic

Comment

ill sell you my course for 1500 i never find the time
      WARNING all replys are incorrect as usual

Comment

That would drive me mad, lol.

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
        www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

was thinking about doing this myself
          sigpic
          ASTRA nurburgring mods; itg panel filter, white samco hoses, cruise control, remus

Comment

So you want a job thats not only boring but extremly dangerous!
            I see dumb people.......
            .....they're everywhere
            .....they walk around like everyone else
            .....they don't even know they're dumb

Comment

Dangerous maybe but doubt its boring lol just something im looking into im in need of a career change im going mental where i am now

Comment

One of the sales guys here used to do it and my best mate does it also and they have both said working for one of the big companys is not good even tho they give you the customers you don't end up earning a great deal. Also both of them have said that doing it has given them terrible back aches thats why one has given it up and the other is going to give it up, as well as the money not been great in the winter months with the bad weather and early dark nights.

Comment

just do it you will only regret it if you dont ,take a chance you only live once

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeVXR View Post
                    One of the sales guys here used to do it and my best mate does it also and they have both said working for one of the big companys is not good even tho they give you the customers you don't end up earning a great deal. Also both of them have said that doing it has given them terrible back aches thats why one has given it up and the other is going to give it up, as well as the money not been great in the winter months with the bad weather and early dark nights.

Thanks for the advice, I do have back pain as it is

Comment

I signed up for the course last july (08 ) with the Instructor College...paid a bloody fortune for the course and while doing it i ran into bother,a small crash then a month later 3 points and a month later 3 more points.

After 6 yrs of no trouble on the road it put me into 'i cant be bothered' mode.

Looking to start back at it again soon tho,as far as i know its still fine to do with points but iv never asked! Girl on my course at the time had 6 points and they didnt tell her she couldnt do it. All my class work was complete and i was ready for my theory until my points etc

I recken you should go for it and if you have the time its defo worth giving it a go thats for sure

Comment

Working...
                      X