Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VXR Track Days - want to drive a VXR on Track? (updated 7/5)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VXR Track Days - want to drive a VXR on Track? (updated 7/5)

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messagebo...opic.php?t=669

Probably a silly question but could existing owners go on this by any chance? I would love to go on a track in an Astra VXR but not keen on using my own car it being so new and all!
    Failing this, would VXL be prepared to organise a VXR track day for existing owners?????! I'm sure there would be a lot of interest!

Comment

I quite fancy the Thruxton event.

Comment

Originally posted by IanVXR
        Probably a silly question but could existing owners go on this by any chance? I would love to go on a track in an Astra VXR but not keen on using my own car it being so new and all!
        Failing this, would VXL be prepared to organise a VXR track day for existing owners?????! I'm sure there would be a lot of interest!
        We're in the prcess of organising a couple of VXR track days but uptake was small so wondered if there would be enough interest?

Comment

If any existing owners speak to their supplying dealer/salesman they can organise access to one of these events (subject to availability) for you. Up to them whether they pass on the cost. But for £60 i think bargain of the year.
          Insignia VXR, quite nippy!

Comment

Existing and new owners are welcome. Just down to your Vauxhall retailer to book you in, if you are interested.
            With that in mind, some Vauxhall retailers are denying knowldge of these events.
            If your experaince this then...
            UPDATE: All Vauxhall dealers have been contacted twice about these events.
            If your Vauxhall retailer says they know nothing about the days, please refer them to 'Inform article M.1839 (2006 VXR communications update)' which was issued to them on 31 January 2006.
            If they still deny knowledge, please ask them to contact 'MSIT' for details on how they should book places for customers.

Comment

Thanks for the update. I'll be visiting my local dealer on Monday then!
              John - Well I'm certainly interested in a track day. Most of the VXR owners are on astra-sri and if I remember correctly the track day thread was only on VXRRegister???? Maybe a thread on astra-sri would generate more interest? I think there are also a fair few more VXR owners since that post.

Comment

Anybody going to the Brands event on the 24th
                Stu, any idea on numbers ? could you pm me ?
                Thanks
                2007 Audi RS4 - sold 2008

Comment

Yep, I'm going to Brands on the 24th and cannot wait. Sounds like a fun day to be had!
                  I've signed up on the website that you have to register on once you receive the pack from VXL. However, one thing to note on there is that you have to be 21 or over to take part in the events. I assume this will be to drive the cars round the track. The person I was (maybe still am???) going with is not happy now, he will be 19.
                  Stu, is this age restriction a legal thing or a VXL required? I was going with someone from Astra-sri but he will only be 19.

Comment

Ian, I think I will join you.. what's the website ?
                    Andy

Comment

I should be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Andyuk911
                        Ian, I think I will join you.. what's the website ?
                        Andy
                        Andy, the website is pointless unless you have a password - there's nothing on it! You'll need to book thru your local dealer. Go armed with the information from the link at the top of this thread though, my dealer knew nothing about it! Once booked you will be sent a pack direct from VXL. This will contain the web site address and your password to enter. You can then complete the registeration.

Comment

24th May

Looks like I'm in
                          Thank you for the email I can confirm that your track day has been booked for the 24th May and is the AM session you will receive information within the post all you need to do is pop in to us and pay the £60 fee for the activity.

Comment

This is cheap at £60 full price as below
                            Trackday Update - May 2006
                            3 Grand Prix Trackdays with Club Brands Hatch
                            This year Club Brands Hatch are running trackdays in three different formats on the exclusive Grand Prix Circuit, priced from as little as £160.
                            13th June – Morning £160, Afternoon £170, Full day £320
                            13th July – Open pit lane £350
                            17th August – Novice, Intermediate and Advanced Sessions £275
                            Click www.motorsportvision.co.uk/GPcartrackday to book now.

Comment

Yet again SCOTLAND, WALES and IRELAND miss out ??
                              When will Vauxhall learn that there is more to the UK than England ???
                              tuner talk: "Just get out and drive the damn things !!!"
                              The truth is out there ...

Comment

Working...
                              X