This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Corsa Driver.

Sorry to crash your forum, but a couple of your topics have been getting quite a good airing on other forums. Are you sure it's not another of your members on a wind up? I guess not, as some of the posts are being pulled, but I believe I can lay my hands on some of the original work, such as: -
    Originally posted by Police_Driver
    "....... the car is a little quicker than the standard SXi and so I felt the SRi badges were appropriate. It only carries 1 person, Me. It has no extra weight in the car, all glove compartments, cubby holes and the boot is empty. The rear exhaust may or may not add power. It has only ever run on Optimax, I know you get more boost out if this fuel on bigger engined cars but every little helps. The tyres are always inflated to 38 PSI to give extra grip and less tyre slouch. Often I put the rear seats flat, this reduces weight. (Like why you crawl flat across a frozen pond so as not to break the ice). I regularly drive with around £10 of fuel, again weight saving, and often I use engine cleaner in the fuel load to remove debris from the fuel injectors. The car is always clean improving aerodynamic progress. I have timed the 0 - 60 at 9.3 seconds, and this shaves a couple of seconds off the standard time........"
    At one of the forums I visit, we're trying to work out what we can fold to reduce the weight of our cars, as we don't have back seats. :wink:
    Nice site BTW.

This could be used as an experiment, Araf. I wonder if this has gone far? I spotted it on a Celica GT4 forum.
    Anywhere else?

Comment

add the MX5OC Forum to that list, been posted there too.
      I never realised people did this sort of stuff and that they genuinely believe that folding the seats down reduces the cars weight and keeping the car clean will have a +ve affect on the drag coefficiency of the car (noticable one anyway).
      I look forward to reading some more of his twoddle, i'd pay money to laugh that much normally...

Comment

it was posted on my forum www.teamnortheast.co.uk if you read the whole topic it gets better lol

Comment

Every single car forum I visit it#'s been posted on.
          Corsasport, all the type R owners, saab owners, BMW owners, lotus owners, rover tomcat, saxo sports club, every one

Comment

Saw it on Volkszone
            tuner talk: "Just get out and drive the damn things !!!"
            The truth is out there ...

Comment

Comment

Quality
                All hail the power of t'interweb for unintentional comedy!
                It's a shame that thread was locked, I'd have loved to see what way that would've gone.

Comment

Someone's selected a choice sentence from that post for their signature on the Barry Boys forum...

2nd person I've seen doing that!

Edit: just had a look back on the Corsa Forum - wow, this has gone waaay further than I thought!

Comment

Working...
                  X