This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milltek, any other sources?

After convincing my Vauxhall dealer that they should stock Milltek and fit them to their demo cars, they agreed to give it a whirl to see how things go, so I sorted out the details for TMS for my dealer and they got in touch.
    The service has been to put it bluntly crap. They ordered the full system for an Atsra VXR demo and paid the pro-forma after being told the systems were ex stock. Fine they thought, pro-forma no problem as this is the standard practise for a new account.
    So a cheque for almost £1000 was sent and then.........nothing, the cheque was banked then was told the systems were on back order. I was then told almost a month went by then the system turned up.
    OK I realise that sometimes supplies can be delayed as this is part of life, but to be asked by my dealer
    "Is this TMS a one man band"
    The feedback was non existant from TMS. Sorry for the rant but it has made me look an idiot in front of my dealer which I don't like when trying to pursuade them to more with the VXR brand.
    I think they won't buy any more systems unless there is another source?
    Astra 1.9 CDTi SRi XP Sporthatch in White plus extra bits.
    Land Rover LR2 HSE

I know they was a supply issue with the Milltek but I don't know anything about it. TMS is an offical supplier of Milltek systems so I think all orders go through him although I could be wrong?? John has also been very busy in recent month due to a move of premises.
    TMS is owned by John aka Thorney. He's a good bloke and he has a good team of people working for him. Existing customer's are very happy with his service. Get your dealer to give John a call. I'm sure he'll be happy to help and explain.
    01908 238 798
    http://www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk/
    Given that the Milltek is a dealer fit option on the Astra I'm surprised that the dealers don't know about these systems or how to order one! Many dealers have been told to call TMS about the system by customers to find out about it!
    Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by IanVXR
      I know they was a supply issue with the Milltek but I don't know anything about it. TMS is an offical supplier of Milltek systems so I think all orders go through him although I could be wrong?? John has also been very busy in recent month due to a move of premises.
      TMS is owned by John aka Thorney. He's a good bloke and he has a good team of people working for him. Existing customer's are very happy with his service. Get your dealer to give John a call. I'm sure he'll be happy to help and explain.
      01908 238 798
      http://www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk/
      Given that the Milltek is a dealer fit option on the Astra I'm surprised that the dealers don't know about these systems or how to order one! Many dealers have been told to call TMS about the system by customers to find out about it!
      Hope this helps.
      Cheers for your feedback, I am aware of the origins of TMS and have heard good things from others, but this has really put my dealer off.
      Land Rover LR2 HSE

Comment

Originally posted by Zafira VXR
        Cheers for your feedback, I am aware of the origins of TMS and have heard good things from others, but this has really put my dealer off.
        No problem.

Comment

In my opinion this is not an isolated situation in a customer service enviroment . I have manage customers all the time and yes I have to give them bad news at times, but the fundemental issue here is that constant communications between the service provider and the customer keeps the relationship intact. As soon as you are late in giving your update to the customer you start to take deposits out of the emotional bank account and the relationship starts to slip.
          Expectation managing is a serious business thee days and anyone who treats it lightrly is going to loose customers. Simply , if you are going to say you will call at 12:00 do so , or call earalier to explain a delay
          Thats my bit.

Comment

Exactly my point Mark, my whole career depends on customer service and if I don't give it, I lose out big time.
            My dealers, and to be honest my problem with this exhaust issue is the lack of communication on TMS's part.
            You deal with Courtenay, VXR PC and my dealer come to mention it and you always get good feedback to what is happening.
            I waited 8 weeks for my wheels a few years back, but :-
            A) My dealer did not promise a certian date
            B) I did not pay a penny unitl they were here (Although it was a special order Item)
            C) I was phoned at least once a week to let me know what is happening.
            As I give this myself, I always expect it back.
            Land Rover LR2 HSE

Comment

I think this is an unfortunate incident I have had a full milltek supplied and fitted by Thorney and I thought they were excellent, yes there was a delay on the Milltek getting here but they advised me of this and I called back to book in car they moved the appointment forward as I had been waiting for the exhaust(I got it fitted 1 day after it arrived).
              I think if you get the dealer to speak to John direct he will explain all.

Comment

i deal with TMS for all my tuning and have nothing but great things to say about the quality of service i have always received plus the work carried out is second to none, many others i know who also use TMS for all their tuning have been very happy and continue to go back, i think the issue comes down to Milltek as the manufacturer and not the distributor as such for the delay in the product, the communication thats an issue between the dealer and the distributor, suprising how your Vxl dealer wasnt aware of the Vxl backed milltek products

Comment

There have been some supply issues with the Milltek exhausts this month and we are awaiting stock which should be with us in the next 10 days. As far as I am aware we have one outstanding order (which I assume is this one) all others have been completed.
                  We take full responsibility for all of this of course and have contacted this one dealer to explain the delay and apologised. We also have offered to contact the owner direct to explain that it is our fault and we would be happy to fit the system for free by way of compensation - I'm not sure if that message has got through though?
                  If you'd like to PM me the exact details (so we can confirm it is this one outstanding order) I will personally contact the dealer and explain the position to make sure they are OK.

Comment

Right, looked into this, it refers to an older order which we supplied a few weeks ago.
                    I actually spoke with the parts manager there on two separate occasions to explain the delay and on both times he seemed fine with the explanation, which whilst regretable he understood. We did offer to fit the system for free for them (to save their own labour time) but he said that wasn't necessary and all was fine.
                    We take these things very seriously and whilst the easy route is for us to simply say "not our fault, we're awaiting supply" we don't, as far as the customer is concerned (be it a dealer or a end customer) its out fault and we take it on the chin. Since the VXR distribution process began last year we have implemented a new Vauxhall approved accounting system and thus far it seems to be working well. What we haven't done well anticipated the demand.
                    Last year we had over 50 full systems sitting on the shelf, they sat there for 4 months - not a good thing for any business regardless of size, Jan, Feb and March went by with very few being sold and to be honest I was starting to get concerned over the whole plan. Then it seems that news filtered through into the dealers (and the wider market) that the Milltek SPort exhaust really did suit the car very well and did provide the performance gains we quoted and as a result our entire stock went in about 8 days. With a 8 week lead time for new stock it caught us out - our fault of course and for which we apologised.
                    Milltek arranged for an interim order of stock (25 systems) which we immediately supplied to dealers to fullfill their orders and now we're awating a futher 50 systems which are due on June 12th.
                    I don't offer this information as some kind of excuse, more an explanation as to the delays and to demonstrate that we do take this seriously. It is very hard for us to anticipate demand when we are not in control of the marketing (which we are not) so our stocking levels are at best guesswork. Initially we got it wrong (way too much stock) which wildy moved to larger demand which was completely unrelated to any marketing (there has been none really other than simple information communication to dealers) so why this move occurred we don't know - we assume its simply down to market knowledge.
                    I will call this dealer directly today to make sure that they are ok with what passed before and offer further compensation if they still feel agrieved but from my own conversations we had they seemed fine, I will course confirm this.
                    Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Comment

Working...
                    X