No announcement yet.

My project Corsa, AKA Cecil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new parts aren't ready unfortunately as there was a bit of a problem with the CNCing, but they are progressing.

Last edited by andrewt1971; 30th September 2019, 04:49 PM.

Comment

• Custom front upright number one completed with the bearing carrier I made, all dimensions have been checked so the 'production' pair can now be made.

They should be much stiffer than the stock upright which I'm sure is flexing with the 50mm roll center corrector on, I'll be able to make steering arms to reduce/zero the bump steer and the bearing and drive shaft can be removed for rapid servicing without having to disturb any of the suspension components.
      Last edited by andrewt1971; 30th September 2019, 04:50 PM.

Comment

• Level of work in this is outstanding mate!
        Arden Astra VXR Cobra turbo back non-res, Direct route intake, Mfact Plated Diff, Airtec fmic, RARB, DAP's, Enhance Gearbox Breather, RND Droplinks, Heko's, Courts Braided Lines, DS2500 pads, Superblue fluid, led plate bulbs, side lights, fogs, Blue interior led's Forge recirc + actuator, stage 3 map Cams + more to come Build Thread: http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...6-X8-DUD-Arden

Comment

• Just gone from the start to current progress on this build and its refreshing to see something different on here and mainly some real fabrication work that's different to everything being about the power package.

Looking forward to reading some more updates (Y)
          Standard VXR brake components available from http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Brakes-Inte...p2047675.l2563 brake caliper seal kits, caliper pistons, brake pad pin kits, Hel Performance hoses and much more

Comment

• Just read this whole topic start to finish, I'm literally speechless.

Comment

• Originally posted by X8 DUD View Post
              Level of work in this is outstanding mate!
              Originally posted by Millervxr View Post
              Just gone from the start to current progress on this build and its refreshing to see something different on here and mainly some real fabrication work that's different to everything being about the power package.

Looking forward to reading some more updates (Y)
              Originally posted by tpacker View Post
              Just read this whole topic start to finish, I'm literally speechless.
              Glad you all like it..

The uprights are finally finished so I collected them from the CNC shop this morning and here's a few comparison shots against the standard offering..

All lined up awaiting the next step...

Hopefully the CV joints will arrive before the weekend, I can then check and machine the back of the bearing housings for clearance on the joint, build up the bearing carriers, make a dummy strut to get the correct ride height and base camber angle which can then be used as a pattern for the front dampers to be built to and the uprights can go for anodising.
              Last edited by andrewt1971; 30th September 2019, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• I haven't posted an update in a while so here goes.

My clutch has arrived..

I can now measure up for the bellhousing/adapter and check if i'm going to need a new input shaft too.

The stock rad has sprung a leak so its time to investigate improving the packaging of the coolers as its super cramped in the front, the boost piping needs rerouting to avoid the oil pump on the sequential box and I've still got to add another rad for the new gearbox.

First job, bumper removed to reveal the old rad layout..

Old coolers out...

Taller, thicker but narrower water rad located.

Loads more space between it and the turbo, manifold etc.

Engine oil cooler half mounted, it will probably get moved from this location once the new layout is proven.

Welding department hard at work putting mountings on to the intercooler.

Intercooler roughly in position, this reduces the total length of the turbo piperwork to around 800mm and significantly reduces the number of bends. The surface area of this intercooler is greater than the wide one and there are more tubes which should mean less pressure drop, the heat exchange efficiency of both rads should be better too without them being stacked. It will also be ducted from the bumper to ensure it gets lots of cool air through it.

The beginnings of a light weight slam panel..

Last edited by andrewt1971; 30th September 2019, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• Slam panel finished.. Another 1.2Kgs saved

Pipework welded on to the intercooler..

and everything fitted in place.

Last edited by andrewt1971; 30th September 2019, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• Wow, mental stuff good work fella
                    Arden Astra VXR WGM350 stage 4.5
                    Progress thread.......Instagram Chris.Lee 1973 http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...uilt-Astra-VXR
                    W G Motorworks

Comment

• Originally posted by cklrossi View Post
                      Wow, mental stuff good work fella
                      Thanks

Last evenings job was radiator ducting, so....
                      Cut some cardboard templates and then the proper pieces from 2mm polypropylene. Why white? because that's what i had!

Mock it up on the car.

Weld it together

Fit

Reinstall bumper.

Just waiting for a fan to arrive then I can go out for a drive and test the cooling system
                      Last edited by andrewt1971; 30th September 2019, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• this is total wizardry well in buddy fantastic love following this thread!

Comment

• How the hell have i missed this for 3 whole years, .......... This is unbelievable work. Top marks Andrew, jealous much of your gift .... lol
                          W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
                          http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Comment

• I thought a lot of work had gone into my corsa rally car but this project is epic!

Comment

• ye, it's epic, respect Man!

Comment

• Thanks chaps.

Here's what we've been working on the last few weekends...

First some aligami ..

Then add some bracketry..

Mount it in place..

Bolt in another piece (not custom made for a change!)

About as flat a floor as you can get on the back of a corsa.

Side shot from the mock up stage. It will probably get trimmed back once i've tripped over it a few times!

and from behind on the floor

There's just the rear mountings to finish off now, I have no idea if it will make any sort of difference but it looks cool IMHO
                                Last edited by andrewt1971; 30th September 2019, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X