X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a request, but help with PS

Hi all,

I have just found out that Photoshop elements has come pre-installed with various photoshop programs inc. photoshop elements 5.0. I have just installed it, but have never used it and would like to know how to do various stuff with it.

I would like to esp know how to create signatures too. Can anyone help me with this or know of any good tutorials anywhere?

Thanks in advance
    Mark
    sigpic

Theres a tutorial on how to correctly size and load a signature in this section somewhere - probably on last page (sorry I'd do a search and the paste a link but I'm using my iPod)
    For tutorials in general, you could join a class, buy some books or to what I did - watch YouTube videos!! It got me the basics.
    However, I use autocad everyday at work so was already familiar with the concept of layers etc.
    Give it a go and if you any problems post them here and I'm sure somebody will be able to point you in right direction...

Comment

Originally posted by Longshanks100 View Post
      Theres a tutorial on how to correctly size and load a signature in this section somewhere - probably on last page (sorry I'd do a search and the paste a link but I'm using my iPod)
      For tutorials in general, you could join a class, buy some books or to what I did - watch YouTube videos!! It got me the basics.
      However, I use autocad everyday at work so was already familiar with the concept of layers etc.
      Give it a go and if you any problems post them here and I'm sure somebody will be able to point you in right direction...
      I have worked out how to put other wheels onto another car, but haven't worked out how to remove the wheels that was on the car? If I put a finalised pic on here would someone be willing to help me?

I would really like to master this program as I would like to help others on this site when requesting a photoshop!

Thanks in advance
      Mark
      sigpic

Comment

This may come in handy for you Mark, Its a tutorial about modifying cars but some of the skills you learn from it you can adapt to other things

http://www.digimods.co.uk/tutorials/tutorials.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
          This may come in handy for you Mark, Its a tutorial about modifying cars but some of the skills you learn from it you can adapt to other things

http://www.digimods.co.uk/tutorials/tutorials.htm
          Cheers mate I will defo have a look later on! Here's my first effort and I know that the angle of the car isn't going to match the view of the new wheels it was just a trial run first off:

Here is the car I started with:

This is the wheel I have chosen to put on the civic:

This was the image of the wheel after I had taken the pieces out from in between the spokes and tidied up around the wheels after using the lasso tool:

As you can see the inside of the right side of the wheel is still there!

This is what I finished with:

Please don't laugh! As from the finished piece you can tell I need help!
          sigpic

Comment

You're in the right direction.
            What i do [but not necessary the best way to do it] would be to mask off the original wheel and darken it down enough to hide it. That way when you copy in the new wheel you remove the look from the original wheel from behind, but you still maintain a bit of an authentic look in terms of shadows etc...

Eg;

Not the best but you get the idea

Eammon knows his way properly around photoshop so maybe he might give better advise.....

Edit;
            When you paste in the new wheel, and before you finally align it up in the correct position - you should rotate it around so that the inner section of the wheel lines up (i.e. the inner section of your photoshop is on the right-hand-side, but from the viewing position of the Type-R it should be on the left-hand-side). If that makes sense....
            Last edited by Longshanks; 14 December 2008, 08:09 PM.

Comment

You're in the right direction.
              What i do [but not necessary the best way to do it] would be to mask off the original wheel and darken it down enough to hide it. That way when you copy in the new wheel you remove the look from the original wheel from behind, but you still maintain a bit of an authentic look in terms of shadows etc...

Eg;

Not the best but you get the idea

Eammon knows his way properly around photoshop so maybe he might give better advise.....

Edit;
              When you paste in the new wheel, and before you finally align it up in the correct position - you should rotate it around so that the inner section of the wheel lines up (i.e. the inner section of your photoshop is on the right-hand-side, but from the viewing position of the Type-R it should be on the left-hand-side). If that makes sense....
              I have rotated the wheels so it's facing the other way like this:

Does that look any better? What you was saying about masking off the original wheel and making it look darker, how exactly do i do that?

Cheers for your patience buddy!
              sigpic

Comment

To the OP: Hi mate, looking at the screen-shot you have posted, I`m not sure that Elements has the pen-tool, or not, but if it does, you must try and master this to be able to select anything curved; especially a wheel, which is the ultimate curve...........being obviously round !

Okay, you can select a curve by using the lasso tool, but it`s a bit of a nightmare inching your way along the curve, clicking in tiny steps to try and stay on the curve. The pen tool completely eliminates the need for this, and will give a nice, close curve, that`s not in the slightest bit ragged.

Give it a try, and if you need instruction on how to use it, there are LOADS of tutorials on the `net............

Enjoy, and keep at it as yes, it does take a while to become proficient, but you`ll get there !
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dex VX View Post
                  To the OP: Hi mate, looking at the screen-shot you have posted, I`m not sure that Elements has the pen-tool, or not, but if it does, you must try and master this to be able to select anything curved; especially a wheel, which is the ultimate curve...........being obviously round !

Okay, you can select a curve by using the lasso tool, but it`s a bit of a nightmare inching your way along the curve, clicking in tiny steps to try and stay on the curve. The pen tool completely eliminates the need for this, and will give a nice, close curve, that`s not in the slightest bit ragged.

Give it a try, and if you need instruction on how to use it, there are LOADS of tutorials on the `net............

Enjoy, and keep at it as yes, it does take a while to become proficient, but you`ll get there !
                  Now you have lost me totally, and I thought I was getting somewhere!

I'm off work a few days this week I think I will be getting my head around PS!

Mark
                  sigpic

Comment

out of topic: Kevin are you using just AutoCad or also something another like Inventor, SolidWorks, ProEngineer, CATIA, ... ?
                    MB E63s AMG
                    MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
                    Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
                    Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by S666MAH View Post

Does that look any better? What you was saying about masking off the original wheel and making it look darker, how exactly do i do that?

Looks better - its facing the right way now!
                      I use Photoshop CS3 - its the full version of elements so i'm not familiar with it, however when your on the car layer (called background) try selecting the fifth icon on the left and get it to match the outline of the alloy wheel. When you have a selection like this its possible to adjust whats inside the selection looks like only.
                      While the selection is running go up to adjustments or enhance (again not sure in elements) and select brightness / contrast. Play about with the sliders to get the dark effect you think looks right.
                      From my limited experience with photoshop, almost all modifications involve using a combination of layers & selections like the above to a certain degree.

Originally posted by brano_co View Post
                      out of topic: Kevin are you using just AutoCad or also something another like Inventor, SolidWorks, ProEngineer, CATIA, ... ?
                      Just straight forward AutoCAD - my work involves being subcontracted bt Architects to prepare reports and drawings on how commercial buildings comply with Fire regulations... Are these the programs you use?
                      Last edited by Longshanks; 14 December 2008, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Just straight forward AutoCAD - my work involves being subcontracted bt Architects to prepare reports and drawings on how commercial buildings comply with Fire regulations... Are these the programs you use?
                        just want to ask, as i was sales manager few years ago for one company here (Autodesk partner) and selling AutoCad and Inventors... also on school was learning hot to work with AutoCad and ProE...
                        MB E63s AMG

Comment

Originally posted by S666MAH View Post

whats there on Firefox ??? LOL just joking mate, know what was your prevoius car...
                          MB E63s AMG

Comment

whats there on Firefox ??? LOL just joking mate, know what was your prevoius car...
                            Good spot!!

Comment

Good spot!!
                              Ha ha ha ha ha Good job i wasn't doing anything naughy! Tbh I was asking on there about PS the same as I am doing here. That is one nasty forum tbh, not like here!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X