This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to: photoshop.

Can anyone tell me how i can modify an image so that the back ground is in grayscale and my car is in colour.
    Corsa VXR
    Arden Blue, 18" alloys. Sight and Light.
    Mods: Pioneer AVIC F900BT Stereo.

like this?
    Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Comment

Yes like that.

Comment

Have your main layer as your background, then duplicate that layer, then

Hold down 'Shift', 'Control' and 'U', this will make the duplicated layer mono, you could poss adjust the contrast/brightness if needed, then using either the Pen tool or the Polygonal Lasso Tool, trace around the car, and then press delete or erase the car, you will then start to see the under layer come through in colour, job done
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eamonn View Post
          Have your main layer as your background, then duplicate that layer, then

Hold down 'Shift', 'Control' and 'U', this will make the duplicated layer mono, you could poss adjust the contrast/brightness if needed, then using either the Pen tool or the Polygonal Lasso Tool, trace around the car, and then press delete or erase the car, you will then start to see the under layer come through in colour, job done
          Eamonn strikes again !!!!!!!
          sigpic

Arden Blue Corsa VXR , 18" anthracites, Quaife LSD, AP VXRacing 4pot brakes, KW Variant3 (40mm drop) & Uprated Fast Road Geometry Setup, larger intercooler, 3" Nurburgring exhaust conversion, ITG panel filter, Nurburgring front & back splitters, colour coded roof rails

Comment

Originally posted by cannockvxr View Post
            like this?
            Cool pic, except that you forgot to mono colour the view through the windscreen

Comment

Good spot!

Comment

Originally posted by Keith.Nor View Post
                Eamonn strikes again !!!!!!!

Well i try
                sigpic

Comment

Ok Eamonn aka Mr. Clever Cloggs...how do u do the whole transparent bonnet thing!?

Comment

Originally posted by MissyV View Post
                    Ok Eamonn aka Mr. Clever Cloggs...how do u do the whole transparent bonnet thing!?
                    Eh??? what you mean, do you want to remove the bonnet and show an engine?
                    sigpic

Comment

No, its that trick that people do when the have thier car just posing normally but the bonnet is transparent so it shows the engine but u can still see a bit of the body...it's not like they've just got the rubber tool on it

Comment

No, its that trick that people do when the have thier car just posing normally but the bonnet is transparent so it shows the engine but u can still see a bit of the body...it's not like they've just got the rubber tool on it

Not to sure what you mean, if i think i'm right in what your saying then yes, you do just use the eraser on the bonnet.

Copy your bonnet, the old bonnet darken, the new bonnet skew and angle to an open position, get an engine from the net, place it in the picture between your new bonnet and old, then erase the part thar you shouldnt see.

Yes there is a bit more work involved, but thats the basses of it
                        sigpic

Comment

If I`m understanding you correctly, it`s very easy.

Park the car, take first pic. Then lift the bonnet up, take second pic.

Load both pics into PS, with the one without the bonnet up layered above the other, stick a layer-mask onto this layer, then just paint out the parts of the bonnet that will show up the engine parts that you want to expose from below.

The secret is to use a tripod when you take the pics, so that both pics are taken from exactly the same height, angle, etc......In that way both pics are identical.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dex VX View Post
                            If I`m understanding you correctly, it`s very easy.

Park the car, take first pic. Then lift the bonnet up, take second pic.

Load both pics into PS, with the one without the bonnet up layered above the other, stick a layer-mask onto this layer, then just paint out the parts of the bonnet that will show up the engine parts that you want to expose from below.

The secret is to use a tripod when you take the pics, so that both pics are taken from exactly the same height, angle, etc......In that way both pics are identical.

I thought she ment just a random pic from the net, but yes, that would work, why you would want to do that i don't know, if you want a pic of the car with its bonnet up then just take it with the bonnet up lol
                            sigpic

Comment

i am trying my best with this photoshop lark but its getting the better of me at the moment, i am not going to give up though.

i suppose rome wasn't built in a day and i have got some great tips off here.

Thanks Eamonn and Dex

Comment

Working...
                              X