X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions of my PS'd Focus RS with cf bonnet

Hi all,

As regular photoshoppers will know I am very new to this whole world of photoshop and am currently trying to get my head around carbon fibre parts!

I have taken an image of a green focus RS and tried to change the bonnet to a carbon fibre item. It is only rough as my main concern was to get the look of the carbon fibre right. i was just wondering what you lot thought about my first finished attempt?

Original pic:

Carbon'd pic:

I think I need to mess about with a couple of settings, what do you think?

Mark
    sigpic

Then again I think it looks half decent!!
    sigpic

Comment

You have too much time on your hands for this time of night !
      Looks cool either way.
      CORSA VXR , ARDEN BLUE , S+L , AFL , 18'S .
      sigpic

Gone but not forgotten .
      MPS takes the edge off though !

Comment

Originally posted by soosie View Post
        You have too much time on your hands for this time of night !
        Looks cool either way.
        Thanks Soosie, happy new year anyway!

On new year and bonfire night I have to look after my dogs as the eldest hates fireworks, you wouldn't think he was a staff bull terrier!!!

Mark
        sigpic

Comment

My pooch is completely oblivious to the fireworks thank goodness because there were loads going off. Happy New Year to you also .
          CORSA VXR , ARDEN BLUE , S+L , AFL , 18'S .
          sigpic

Gone but not forgotten .
          MPS takes the edge off though !

Comment

Mark, select the under layer, make a selection of the bonnet on that, then desaturate it, also add some depth by adjusting contrast and brightness,

now go to your carbon layer and adjust the opacity and higher the contrast a bit, then it should look better m8.

Well done anyway m8, good to see you still trying. Your not on your own tonight, as we have the same problem. Happy New Year m8
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eamonn View Post
              Mark, select the under layer, make a selection of the bonnet on that, then desaturate it, also add some depth by adjusting contrast and brightness,

now go to your carbon layer and adjust the opacity and higher the contrast a bit, then it should look better m8.

Well done anyway m8, good to see you still trying. Your not on your own tonight, as we have the same problem. Happy New Year m8
              Sorry mate, didn't see you online the same time as me last night/this morning!

I did desaturate the bonnet before putting the carbon fibre layer on, but didn't adjust the contrast and brightness before the carbon layer went on.

I thik I will try it again using the method you have described and also play about with the opacity. Cheers once again, mate

Mark
              sigpic

Comment

i think that looks pretty cool. well done mate.

Comment

looks good mate

Comment

Originally posted by tgoscottiewarner View Post
                    i think that looks pretty cool. well done mate.
                    Originally posted by Jay_Vxr View Post
                    looks good mate
                    Thanks ppl for the kind comments...it can only get better as I will be re-doing the pic with a different method.

Watch this space

Mark
                    sigpic

Comment

I have tried to lower the contrast in the pic, but I think I prefer the original one I done!

Mark
                      sigpic

Comment

Then again I'm not sure? Don't know which one looks better!
                        sigpic

Comment

The second one looks spot one. When i first seen the first one i thought it was too dark / strong. The second one fixed it!

Comment

Originally posted by Longshanks100 View Post
                            The second one looks spot one. When i first seen the first one i thought it was too dark / strong. The second one fixed it!
                            Cool mate...So you think the second one looks like a real carbon fibre bonnet?

If so I need to remember how I done it i.e settings for the brightness/contrast!

Mark
                            sigpic

Comment

Mark, just rewind about 2 weeks mate; you were having a job just making a straight selection across the sill of that Audi A3.

Now we`re onto carbon bonnets !!

Keep it up mate, you`re doing really well, and coming on a bomb !
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X