This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B&W to colour

Presuming you can do this on photoshop, if you were to change a black & white photo (of a person) to colour, is it just a case of picking whatever colours that you want and putting them on the picture? ie getting an old b&w photo into the colours that it would've been if it'd been colour in the first place. If that makes sense lol.

Reason I ask is I want to get an old photo of our Doris changed into colour for her (without going into details, she's only got the 1 picture of herself of when she was a kid, so any help would be appreciated).

Ta
    Last edited by Die_hard; 17 October 2009, 09:12 AM.
    VXR8 LS3 - PHANTOM BLACK. WP Power Pack Remap, Bi-Modal Exhaust, WP Cats & Headers, 20" Alloys, Lowered Suspension, HSV ID Kit, WP Wheel Centres

GONE ------- Zafira VXR - Power Red - Stage 3 / Zafira VXR - Arden Blue / Astra VXR Nurburgring - Stage 2 / Astra VXR - Power Red

going from colour to b&w would be no problem but going the other way I imagine would be very very difficult i'm no photoshopper though

Comment

I'm hoping it's easyish to do. I've seen 'World War I in colour' on TV lol.
      VXR8 LS3 - PHANTOM BLACK. WP Power Pack Remap, Bi-Modal Exhaust, WP Cats & Headers, 20" Alloys, Lowered Suspension, HSV ID Kit, WP Wheel Centres

GONE ------- Zafira VXR - Power Red - Stage 3 / Zafira VXR - Arden Blue / Astra VXR Nurburgring - Stage 2 / Astra VXR - Power Red

Comment

I haven't tried this, but if you have Photoshop CS3 go to Image --> adjustments --> hue /saturation --> select colourise and the play around with the sliders....
        I know if can be done, but you might be better searching for a few youtube tutorials first...

Comment

Working...
        X