This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payment methods

This is a poll to see how many of you guys actually know that paypal gift and bank transfer offers you no protection at all should the person be a scammer?
    Yes I know
    57.83%
    No I didn't
    32.53%
    Wasn't sure
    9.64%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by IanJ; 11 March 2012, 02:51 PM.

Astra

just a suggestion but would it not be eaiser to do a quick write up of what each payment method offers, and sticky them on top of each trade page?

Corsa VXR now sold

Comment

Originally posted by rich.corsa.vxr View Post
      just a suggestion but would it not be eaiser to do a quick write up of what each payment method offers, and sticky them on top of each trade page?
      We have one of these in all the sale sections - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...es-for-Adverts

I'm just looking to find out whether people understand that some payment methods offer no protection before I look to see what can be done further

Astra

Comment

I thought everyone knew about paypal..

I never send as a gift, always add the 3.4% on top of your payments

Comment

Originally posted by DanPonting View Post

I never send as a gift, always add the 3.4% on top of your payments
          +1 it cost "you" to send a gift payment..........
          ....................................sigpic.................................

..................... THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER.!!.................

Comment

Interestingly 30% so far didn't know

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by vxr.paul View Post
              +1 it cost "you" to send a gift payment..........
              I didnt know that!
              I have done that!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thereplicant View Post
                I didnt know that!
                I have done that!
                Same won't be doing that anymore!

Comment

I'v gifted before didnt realise there was no protection!
                  Mods: Carbon wrap bonnet, carbon wrap roof, carbon diffuser, clifford, boost gauge, Wind deflectors, tints, TD 1.2s with R888 rubber ready for the summer, RARB and braces!
                  Future mods: springs....

Comment

gifting is ok if you can trust the member, thats why i do my research first.

paypal never used to charge for a gift payment is this something they have started doing?
                    sigpic
                    3 gauge conversions, Pillar pods

Comment

Originally posted by AddVXR View Post
                      gifting is ok if you can trust the member, thats why i do my research first.

paypal never used to charge for a gift payment is this something they have started doing?
                      Still no charges as a gift thats why its not protected i guess

Comment

Originally posted by LukeB View Post
                        Still no charges as a gift thats why its not protected i guess
                        From Paypal site -
                        PayPal is free when you use your bank account or PayPal balance.
                        If you use your credit or debit card, there is a fee of 3.4% of the transaction amount plus 20p.

Astra

Comment

So if I were to buy something off say someone off here what's the best way to pay for it and be covered??

Comment

Originally posted by Ado Heath View Post
                            So if I were to buy something off say someone off here what's the best way to pay for it and be covered??
                            Regular paypal offers some protection, paying by credit card if they have business facilities otherwise plain old cash at a face to face would be how I would buy from any forum.
                            It's a question of how much you trust someone, quite a few off here I have met and those guys I trust but any forum can attract scammers or poor sellers unfortunately

Astra

Comment

Working...
                            X