This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Cole signs for Liverpool

Joe Cole has signed for Liverpool on a 4yr deal. Hopefully this shows as a sign of intent by the Reds now, at aiming for their first Premiership title this season. Hopefully this will be the 1st of a few good signings for us.

He should of come to the TOON!....gutted

Obsessed is a word that the lazy use to describe the dedicated!

Comment

Step backwards?? also think Liverpool were mugs for paying that sort of wages when every other club thought he was a gready.

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
      www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

So is half the premiership

Comment

Originally posted by James_VXR View Post
          Step backwards?? also think Liverpool were mugs for paying that sort of wages when every other club thought he was a gready.
          Yeah I was thinking the same. The name Joe Cole doesn't exactly send the pulses racing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan_vxR View Post
            He should of come to the TOON!....gutted
            we couldnt afford him dan

he's gone where the money is tipical footballer

Comment

I'm sure he will do fine at Liverpool - be interesting to see how things pan out and hope that Hodgson proves me wrong as I didn't have much faith in his appointment

Doesn't really matter what we pay him in wages as selling Benayoun for £5 million covers his first year of wages

Astra

Comment

good luck to the lad.. but seems a step back imo--- for liverpool

Comment

Originally posted by vxrryan View Post
                  good luck to the lad.. but seems a step back imo--- for liverpool
                  On what logic? Benayoun who was only on the fringe of the team replaced by a home based player who should play more imo?

Astra

Comment

£90k a week wages does sound alot,but since we got him on a free and i would say his value is worth 10 million means we get two years free service or four years at £50k a week wages,hes not expensive now is he

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
                      I'm sure he will do fine at Liverpool - be interesting to see how things pan out and hope that Hodgson proves me wrong as I didn't have much faith in his appointment

Doesn't really matter what we pay him in wages as selling Benayoun for £5 million covers his first year of wages
                      that could have gone on getting rid of some of that debt tho mate

Comment

Thing is though we couldn't clear the debt by selling players, the only way to clear it is through new ownership. By signing Joe Cole it shows that Roy has aspirations of a Top 3 finish (Champions League) which will make the club more attractive to a better class of owner.
                        Flame Red Astra VXR

Comment

And after all it's a new owner that we're trying to attract.Time to get shot of those Americans.

Comment

liverpool need more than mr cole to help them, but i think its a good signing for the red nevertheless. (should have come to arsenal

Comment

Originally posted by jada07515 View Post
                              liverpool need more than mr cole to help them, but i think its a good signing for the red nevertheless. (should have come to arsenal
                              Well there's him, Jovanovic should be ok? and I do believe we haven't spent any of the money £15m that was promised to the new manager not forgetting anything that he makes from sales (Riera, babel and Mascherano likely sales)
                              So we might not be as poor as people think - the debt will go as it came when the club is sold, as prior to the yanks turning up we had a minimal servicable debt same as Man U had before their owners did the same there

Anyone know a decent left back going on the free?

Astra

Comment

Working...
                              X