This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any carp fisherman here

been doing it for 5 years now however I seem to be getting worse lol Used catch loads before. Did 24hr session last night and 2 guys I was fishing was had 15 between them and me, None. I just don't get it lol
    My Name is Ian We are Vauxhall Main dealer in Newport South Wales. [email protected], 01633273414 or message me
    We supply all genuine vauxhall parts with discount for members as well trade club. We also supply and stock Forge Motorsport, Airtect, Turbosmart Pipercross And EBC brake pads and discs ##Special offers## CLICK HERE PIPERCROSS CONES AND PANELS OFFER CLICK HERE

Any carp fisherman here

Yeah im one mate been carp fishing since i was 12 im 24 now.
    Thats just fishing pal. Ive done a weeks session on my local syndicate before and not had a beep. Then ive done a couple of hours after work and had 2 30's. Crazy stuff. Ill dig out some photos in a bit

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jonesy_VXR; 30 June 2014, 04:59 PM.
    Arden Astra VXR. Stage 2 Remap with Remus, 19's, 3 gauge + SMD conversion, Bi-xenons more mods to follow...

Comment

Heres my first uk 30 when i was 17

A couple more from the same water

These 2 forties from france

A 48lb sturgeon also from france

And i had these beasts from the river ebro in spain last year
      The cat was 177lb and the carp 43lb

Arden Astra VXR. Stage 2 Remap with Remus, 19's, 3 gauge + SMD conversion, Bi-xenons more mods to follow...

Comment

I know sounds stupid but I casted in area they were fishing, nothing for me but they still getting fish, used same bait as them and rig lol I just don't get it sometimes lol

Wales is so poor for big fish, biggest in lake I was fishing was 28lbs and not many over 30s here they say there is but never see them come out

going try new method, I normally fish on the bottom however if fish got big belly he cant get head down that far so going make some rigs today with bowl of water lol
        My Name is Ian We are Vauxhall Main dealer in Newport South Wales. [email protected], 01633273414 or message me
        We supply all genuine vauxhall parts with discount for members as well trade club. We also supply and stock Forge Motorsport, Airtect, Turbosmart Pipercross And EBC brake pads and discs ##Special offers## CLICK HERE PIPERCROSS CONES AND PANELS OFFER CLICK HERE

Comment

All them big carp in the pics were caught on bottom baits pal. Carp are in water so in theory they are weightless. They can easily tip upright to pick a bait up off the bottom regardless how big there bellys are.

Comment

there my theory down the pan lol I was thinking if there belly is huge then they not be able to get to the bait, going buy that korda underwater dvd and have a look

Comment

Mate ive seen all them dvds and it really surprised me and made me change alot of things about my fishing. Worth every penny. It shows how carp can pick the bait up, mouth it and spit it back out and you wont even get a single bleep on your alarm. Crazy stuff ! Well worth a watch though bud

Comment

Im Quite into it , haven't been for a while, fish at wintons and Menards ,
                Done a weekend at lake pepper couple years ago with team Korda, Danny fair brass and co

Comment

I do a little now and then, only just started really, did a nighter couple of weeks back! Still waiting to catch my first 20+. Possibility of going to France in October to Common's lake so should be good if I go!

Comment

You need a rig that will reset itself mate (simple blow back rig or choddy), if you ever want to learn anything about carp fishing as said check out the thinking tackle under water series, you will be surprised at how many times you will have an aborted take. If you haven't got the correct rig or don't realise when this has happened you can sit there for days and won't get a take. If your in that situation again and everyone around you are getting runs and your not my guess would simply be poor rig presentation or poor line lay (big fan of back leading) get that line pinned down mate, makes a huge difference imo

Comment

I seem to divide between the Vxr and carp fishing with the missus somewhere in that mix. Haha.. I came back from France at the start of July but only managed 6 to 30lb on a small lake.. Weather was nice n good company so wasn't all bad .. I'm down south so don't have many big waters near me unless I travel a couple off hours. Anyone fish this side off London? Cheers Jamie.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharp88 View Post
                        I seem to divide between the Vxr and carp fishing with the missus somewhere in that mix. Haha.. I came back from France at the start of July but only managed 6 to 30lb on a small lake.. Weather was nice n good company so wasn't all bad .. I'm down south so don't have many big waters near me unless I travel a couple off hours. Anyone fish this side off London? Cheers Jamie.
                        Your joking aint ya mate. I thought all these big carp waters were all down south ??? Up here in the midlands theres jack all. Hence me going to france and spain every year lol

Comment

Haha with the Vxr and the missus a couple off hours is far from me I'm in brighton and there's mainly ponds here, I guess I can't complain if it's that bad up there buddy. Must enjoy gettin away every year tho n fishing too �� good excuse aswell

Comment

in wales there nothing special, it hard enough to find a water with carp over 30lbs, think I know were I was going wrong, so will test it this weekend and report back

Comment

Good luck mate ��

Comment

Working...
                              X