This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Mayweather V Manny Pacquiao - Saturday 2nd May 2015

So with the announcement on Friday from both parties the fight has been given a green light!

> Set to be the biggest grossing sports event in history. The night is expected to bank around $250m (£160m)
    > The fight will take place at the MGM Grand. According to reports the MGM Grand sold out of all rooms within 3 minutes of the fight being announced.
    > The fight has been 5 years in the making.

Mayweather shared the signed contract on his website

This may of been long in the making and well as to far over due in almost everyone's opinions. With some people hinting this may not be such as a eventful night as if it was to happen 5 years ago as both close to reaching the 40 mark. Regardless, this should still be an eventful night and surely one to make a mark in sport/boxing history. Mayweather's camp has done most of the organising for the event with himself commanding a 60-40 split of the purse, but I don't think Pacquiao will be sobbing over his cut as I'll explain why in due course. Both fighters are regarded as the best pound-for-pound fighters in the world, in their weights categories respectfully. They most known to us for their victorious fights against Ricky Hatton, Pacquiao in 2009 knocked him out in the 2nd round with a brutal knock out. Mayweather fought him in 2007 with the fight stopped in 10th round in 2007.

Mayweather (Money) last fought when he beat Marcus Maidana in the pairs rematch last September.

> Mayweather is unbeaten in all 47 fight
    > Mayweather is guaranteed to earn a minimum of $150m (£96m)

Pacquiao (Pac-Man) was last in action last in action when he dominated Chris Algieri last November.
    Pacquaiao's share will be at least $100 (£64m)

> Out of Pacquiao's 64 fights he has 57 wins, 38 by knockout, 2 draws and 5 losses.

Here is also a pic of how much going to watch it costs, so if you plan to go.... You best get a loan out.

So with all this being said, who's is everyone's money on? I'm rooting for Pacquiao but I'm sure the fight is swaying in Mayweather's favour.

Opel Nürburgring Edition No.534 / IG - ItzMrGoodKat

2-3 years to late for me should be a great night there's some ufc on the same night so guna be a good night all round my money is on

Mayweather
    sigpic

Comment

Mayweather easily on points he on a different planet to pacquiao
      Rabbid Tuned Stage 4.5 - 355bhp - TD S3 Hybrid, AET ported exhaust manifold, TS 10psi actuator, TS recirc valve, Full 3" Piper decat non-res exhaust, Forge intercooler, AEM dual nozzle WMI kit, cdti hose with AEM cone, Regal cams, Klasen inlet manifold, Piper single valve springs, Percy retainers, PEC i-beam rods+ARP bolts, Skimmed Head, Protec 340lph fuel pump, Siemens 630cc injectors, AP front big brake kit, Vectra VXR rear brake conversion

Comment

As Billy says fight is to late.

Will still be a good occasion but a Mayweather win for me
        Ex owner of various VXR's

Current :2017 Golf R - APR Stage 2

Comment

Deffo should have happened sooner but will still be a good scrap anyway, Mayweather on points tho for sure.

Comment

Mayweather has never faced anyone like Pacquiao! Pacquiao for me...
            sigpic
            BLACK ASTRA

Comment

Pacman has never faced anybody like mayweather either because he one of the best ever. Pacquiao has fought marquez 4 times, all been close and arguably lost them all, mayweather took marquez to school, he didnt even win a round. He stepped up to middleweight against alvarez and dominated him as well, the man is on a different planet to pacman, pacman is done and even in his prime mayweather wins the fight all day long
              Rabbid Tuned Stage 4.5 - 355bhp - TD S3 Hybrid, AET ported exhaust manifold, TS 10psi actuator, TS recirc valve, Full 3" Piper decat non-res exhaust, Forge intercooler, AEM dual nozzle WMI kit, cdti hose with AEM cone, Regal cams, Klasen inlet manifold, Piper single valve springs, Percy retainers, PEC i-beam rods+ARP bolts, Skimmed Head, Protec 340lph fuel pump, Siemens 630cc injectors, AP front big brake kit, Vectra VXR rear brake conversion

Comment

Unless pacman knocks out mayweather within the first 5 rounds, mayweather will have adapted and start picking pacman apart with his good defence an counter punches.
                Nurburgring #234

Comment

Originally posted by stevenbarrowVXR View Post
                  Pacman has never faced anybody like mayweather either because he one of the best ever. Pacquiao has fought marquez 4 times, all been close and arguably lost them all, mayweather took marquez to school, he didnt even win a round. He stepped up to middleweight against alvarez and dominated him as well, the man is on a different planet to pacman, pacman is done and even in his prime mayweather wins the fight all day long
                  Nah Pac-Man in his prime was batter then Mayweather! That's why Mayweather ran scared the first time round. How come most of boxings greats consider Pacquiao to be one of the greatest ever with 5 losses and the unbeaten Mayweather don't even get a mention?
                  sigpic
                  BLACK ASTRA

Comment

Originally posted by LostInTheMays View Post
                    Nah Pac-Man in his prime was batter then Mayweather! That's why Mayweather ran scared the first time round. How come most of boxings greats consider Pacquiao to be one of the greatest ever with 5 losses and the unbeaten Mayweather don't even get a mention?
                    Agree mate! Floyd bottled it in pacs prime an that's why the fight is happening now! In terms of records I hope money wins but wouldn't mind someone beating his rich *** ha either way, both off them are laughing to the bank anyway.

Comment

We agree to disagree then lad, ive personally never rated pacqauio and making a statement like boxing greats consider pacman in top 5 ever, who are these greats? Mayweather is widely regarded the best of his generation and has been for a long time regarded the best pound for pound fighter on the planet. Pacquaio has lost 5 times and drawn twice and struggled in other fights were he has been given decision arguably. We will see on May 2nd i suppose.

Comment

We agree to disagree then lad, ive personally never rated pacqauio and making a statement like boxing greats consider pacman in top 5 ever, who are these greats? Mayweather is widely regarded the best of his generation and has been for a long time regarded the best pound for pound fighter on the planet. Pacquaio has lost 5 times and drawn twice and struggled in other fights were he has been given decision arguably. We will see on May 2nd i suppose.
                        I agree with you buddy manny is a decent boxer but far from a great and doubt he will ever be regarded as one of the greats but mayweather as arrogant as he is imo and boxing fans around the world and boxers and leading lights in the boxing world state that he is one of the greats of all time
                        sigpic

Comment

People dont like mayweather for the way he flaunts his money etc thats why he maybe not as popular as pacman but as boxers they on a different planets of ability and class, mayweather makes class acts look average because he is that good. He also isnt great to watch unlike manny but again its because he that good lol Ive been watching boxing for about 20 years and ive never seen anybody even close to mayweather, he is by far the best ive ever seen and he would give any of the legends of the past a proper test

Comment

Everyone to there own opinion Seen a fair few Boxing documentary's where Pacquiao is considered an all time boxing great for being the only 8 weight world champion ever! Most people rate Mayweather because he's undefeated but Sugar Ray Robinson lost 19 times but is up there with Ali! I don't mean to sound like a **** just love a boxing debate
                            sigpic
                            BLACK ASTRA

Comment

Its all opinions mate as you say, we will find out on may 2 who the better fighter is, no excuses about it would have been different years ago blah blah blah, whoever wins will put the argument to rest once and for all

Comment

Working...
                              X