This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premier League 2018/19 thread.

So its that time again. I guess I'd better start this thread.

New season only a week or so away.

Tottenham doing a typical Tottenham and not signing anyone. No doubt due to paying 800mil on a new stadium .... can't wait to see it finished though.

City comfortably taking the charity shield today.

My top 6 prediction

City (hate to say it)
    Man u (hate to say it)
    Chelsea
    Liverpool
    Spurs (hate to say it but, ... no signings and Toby no doubt off)
    Arsenal
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

I can see Liverpool second this season with city winning the league and man utd 3rd and Chelsea 4th

Comment

It's definitely possible. But Chelsea usually turn it around after a bad season.

Comment

1 - City
        2 - Liverpool
        3 - Chelsea
        4 - Man Utd
        5 - Arsenal
        6 - Spurs

I reckon Wolves may gatecrash the top 8 - or go straight back down LOL.

Comment

Liverpool haven't had this good a transfer window in a long time. I have a feeling it be our year lol.

I think if we start well and don't do what we typically do and drop points against the rubbish then we could finally win the league. Would like another attacker and a centre back but so far so good for us.

Comment

City
            Liverpool
            Arsenal
            United
            Chelsea
            Spurs

Comment

Lots of people favouring the transfer bolstered sides to make a difference for them. No one seeming to suggest a flop lol

Comment

I think it's too early to predict who will finish where. First few games will show how the league will go I think.

Maureen moaning with the board and slagging off players won't help Man U and I think he'll be one of the first to get sacked. Chelsea I think won't do a lot with the lack of players in and the late sacking of Conte has messed them up. Spurs I think will do well but most of their players maybe knackered still from the World Cup so will how they shape up

Comment

Originally posted by w20adm View Post
                  Lots of people favouring the transfer bolstered sides to make a difference for them. No one seeming to suggest a flop lol

I see you're coming from the "we've not bought anyone" so we must be alright then lol

Whatever happens I'd have to say this is the best squad on potential we've had since 1987 when Barnes/Beardsley/Houghton and Aldridge had to replace Rush and the retired Dalglish.
                  I suspect the keeper is worth an extra 6-10 points on his own compared to what we had last year.

Still there are some big questions to ask, can Salah do it again (I suspect yes is the answer to this one), can the new midfielders settle in, can Robertson and TAA maintain it again for a full season, can Gomez become the guy to partner VVD? Big questions - oh and although no one expects a full season out of him Sturridge has looked like the guy from 2014 in pre-season.

City still the marker for everyone to aim for

Astra

Comment

If we offload Toby like everyone seems to be suggesting we're about to, we're in trouble ....

Comment

Originally posted by w20adm View Post
                      If we offload Toby like everyone seems to be suggesting we're about to, we're in trouble ....

Doesn't want to be there though does he? Better off without someone who doesn't want to be there imho, as long as you have a plan - sell him to Utd then go buy Harry from Leicester win win

Astra

Comment

Levy won't buy cause he's splashed out on a new state of the art retractable pitch stadium .....

Comment

City
                          Liverpool
                          Chelsea
                          Spurs
                          United
                          Arsenal

City finished 25 points ahead of Liverpool last season. Liverpool have made some good signings and addressed areas in the squad that needed it, but, I can't see that making up a 25 point deficit on City.

De Gea and Mourinho's negative tactics could save them enough points to finish in the top 4 but I think Liverpool definitely have enough to finish above them this season.

Chelsea were poor in the charity shield but they missed Hazard massively. If Hazard stays fit and Morata pulls his finger out, I think they have a decent squad. They just need to find goals.

Hard to say with Arsenal. I know nothing about their new manager and I expect big changes to the way they play. Aubameyang is a top, top player. Im expecting big things from him.

Spuds will be carried by Kane and Erikson again so will be in a 4th spot battle at the end of the season.
                          Last edited by DanTheManc; 11th August 2018, 01:12 PM.
                          Ex owner - Now Leon Cupra 290 Black Edition

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheManc View Post
                            Spuds will be carried by Kane and Erikson again so will be in a 4th spot battle at the end of the season.
                            Hey, whatever works. 800mil new state of the art stadium we can't afford to pay these super inflated price tags fuelled by these opportunistic billionaire owners .....

Lucky to get the 3 points today against Newcastle but nonetheless, 3 points it is.

Comment

No signings, no problem!

2 games, 2 wins. Can't ask for much more really. Trippier becoming a mini beckham

Comment

Working...
                              X