X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CaptainSlow
    replied
    Originally posted by IanJ View Post
    Feel free to start a thread for a new season and I'll stick it and close this one up
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...49#post3901049

Leave a comment:

• IanJ
    replied
    Feel free to start a thread for a new season and I'll stick it and close this one up

Leave a comment:

• DanTheManc
    replied
    Not long now until the new season

Leave a comment:

• Raiden
    replied
    I was reading about that this morning [emoji849]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• w20adm
    replied
    Chronicle Live: Newcastle United news and transfers LIVE: Claims Newcastle has been sold
    for £350million to Dubai Sheikh.
    https://www-chroniclelive-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-takeover-16335734.amp

The next man city is born!

Leave a comment:

• DanTheManc
    replied
    Well done to the Chelsea and Arsenal fans for making a stand against UEFA. It's an absolute farce only allocating 6k tickets to supporters of each club and choosing to host the game at a ridiculous location. Absolute joke.

The Europa league itself is terrible. It's a boobie prize for teams that fail to qualify for the champions league. Nobody wants to be involved in it. It's needs scraping.

I'd love to see a competition where a team is made up from the top player in the league. So a team made up of the best premier league players against a team made up of the top La Liga players. That would be a much better competition.

https://www-skysports-com.cdn.amppro...-final-tickets

Leave a comment:

• DanTheManc
    replied
    https://www.facebook.com/story.php?s...11807202171545

Leave a comment:

• Arron D
    replied
    Originally posted by w20adm View Post
    Yeah there are never any guarantees, but like I said I don't see the breakapart of the team that happened in previous years. I know as a man u fan you must be praying they do fall away again lol. And they've never gotten near a tally this high before so that's a pointless statement! Lol

I just pray we can actually sign some players and give them both a much better run for their money next season. We were doing fine til we went all classic spurs for the final third of the season.
    Your manager talking like he would leave spurs if you won the CL lol

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• w20adm
    replied
    This season might actually mark a significant shift for all the top prem teams. Seen as how we've dominated the final stages of the euro comp spots.

Leave a comment:

• w20adm
    replied
    Yeah there are never any guarantees, but like I said I don't see the breakapart of the team that happened in previous years. I know as a man u fan you must be praying they do fall away again lol. And they've never gotten near a tally this high before so that's a pointless statement! Lol

I just pray we can actually sign some players and give them both a much better run for their money next season. We were doing fine til we went all classic spurs for the final third of the season.

Leave a comment:

• Arron D
    replied
    Well if you just want a simpletons view . We enthusiasts tend to evaluate a bit deeper than that.

To put it bluntly, 97 points may very well win the league next season, it would have won it 2 seasons ago, 3 seasons ago, 4 seasons ago ....... the only reason it didn't this season is cause city happened to get 2 more points! But it shows how impressively Liverpool have improved.

But if you don't want to take anything from that and just take a second placed team as performing the same as every other second placed team in years gone by then that's up to you.
    I'm not debating they haven't improved

I'm saying there's no guarantee they will do the same next year.

That is something you can't question.

they have no record of following up on an extraordinary points tally season the following season.

But as you said this is this year's thread so we'll done for second and points tally [emoji106]

Leave a comment:

• w20adm
    replied
    Originally posted by Arron D View Post
    I know all that and still doesn't change my opinion so we just have to disagree.

I'll reevaluate my thoughts this time next season

[emoji4]

Well if you just want a simpletons view . We enthusiasts tend to evaluate a bit deeper than that.

To put it bluntly, 97 points may very well win the league next season, it would have won it 2 seasons ago, 3 seasons ago, 4 seasons ago ....... the only reason it didn't this season is cause city happened to get 2 more points! But it shows how impressively Liverpool have improved.

But if you don't want to take anything from that and just take a second placed team as performing the same as every other second placed team in years gone by then that's up to you.

Leave a comment:

• Arron D
    replied
    I think it's more the front trident that is the 'best player'. But usually at least one of them is firing in any given game. And let's not forget the huge defensive improvement with virgil.

League positions are only related based on how the teams in the league are performing. You can't just say second place every season is the same as every other season. It's dependant on how the teams in the league perform. Second this season was 97 points, in nearly every season that points tally will win any league (I. E. Get first position). It just so happened that 2 teams got that number and higher, (which is unprecedented I might add, never been done before).
    I know all that and still doesn't change my opinion so we just have to disagree.

I'll reevaluate my thoughts this time next season

[emoji4]

Leave a comment:

• w20adm
    replied
    I think it's more the front trident that is the 'best player'. But usually at least one of them is firing in any given game. And let's not forget the huge defensive improvement with virgil.

League positions are only related based on how the teams in the league are performing. You can't just say second place every season is the same as every other season. It's dependant on how the teams in the league perform. Second this season was 97 points, in nearly every season that points tally will win any league (I. E. Get first position). It just so happened that 2 teams got that number and higher, (which is unprecedented I might add, never been done before).

Leave a comment:

• Arron D
    replied
    Lol!

This is premier league 2018/2019 season thread . And in it they pushed the winner all the way to the last game instead of falling way short, and that is worth credit where it's due. We're analysing the teams based on the only really thing that matters and that's current form and position. Who knows what will happen next season.

All we're saying is we see a long way to go for united to get anywhere near contention for the league again. Yes, second last season but you were still a firm way off winning it. It's only cause the rest of the league weren't as good aswell including liverpool. The season however they made up a significant 25 points, pushed city all the way and showed that improvement in every performance. They seem to be on the way up and I don't think it's likely it'll all just collapse next season.

Buy hey! Maybe I'll be wrong. Who knows.
    Lol Ok ....

Roll on next season

Leave a comment:

Working...
X