This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ProjectVRD View Post
    Contact McAfee and tell them you will not be renewing your subscription when it runs out, so they will have to remove your details from their system.

Download McAfee Removal Tool.
    Uninstall McAfee using Removal Tool.
    Download Avast! Home Edition
    Install Avast! Home Edition
    Download Comodo Free Firewall
    Install Comodo Free Firewall

You now have a decent Anti-Virus and Firewall Solution. Keep on demand scanning apps on your PC like Malwarebytes. Another AV program that has been getting excellent reviews away from the sponsorship biased PC Magazines is Microsoft's Security Essentials Suite. That too is free, I think.
    As freebies go the pair you have picked are hard to beat imo - the malwarebytes is also great.
    I've had the fakeware or scareware which is what jigger has had here installed on about 20 pc's in work - fortunately a combination of safe mode/restore and a scan with Malwarebytes seems to have cleansed things,

More info here - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...highlight=fake

Astra

Comment

Try Microsoft Security Essentials, brilliant and it is free
      MONARO VXR #242, Ripshifter, LS7 Clutch + flywheel, Response/Rear End and Performance packs, Wortec Switchable Exhaust and pipes, 3.9:1 Diff

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
        As freebies go the pair you have picked are hard to beat imo - the malwarebytes is also great.
        I've had the fakeware or scareware which is what jigger has had here installed on about 20 pc's in work - fortunately a combination of safe mode/restore and a scan with Malwarebytes seems to have cleansed things,

More info here - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...highlight=fake
        That's why I personally go for...
        Users systems:- Thin clients (RO Disk images)
        Network side:- Kerberos, OpenLDAP, M0n0wall, MythTV, ClamAV and NFS (to name a few)
        yada yada yada I'm sure you get the idea...
        sigpic
        Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway...
        Microsoft isn't the answer, it's the question. "NO!" Is the answer!

Comment

Working...
        X