This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer problem

videos, gifs etc won't play properly they keep bufferring i think. any ideas what i can do?

What are you using or trying to play with?
    Is it videos on your pc or are they being watched via a browser? (if so tried a different browser?)

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
      What are you using or trying to play with?
      Is it videos on your pc or are they being watched via a browser? (if so tried a different browser?)
      not on my pc, you tube vids or ones posted on here etc, they start playing then freeze while buffering (the round radar thing keeps coming up)

i'm using i explorer i'll try google chrome cheers
      smokinvxr
      VXR Torque of the Devil
      Last edited by smokinvxr; 24 June 2011, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by smokinvxr View Post
        even you tube vids, they start playing then freeze while buffering (the round radar thing keeps coming up)
        Since when and have you made any changes that coincide with this? Flash updates etc?

Have a go at this - http://www.google.com/support/youtub...y?answer=56115

If you know of an update then it might be worth you considering doing a system restore to a date you knew it was 100% right

Astra

Comment

videos, gifs etc won't play properly they keep bufferring i think. any ideas what i can do?
          Have you done a speed test recently ??

If not do one and record the figs, then switch off your router for 60secs and power back up, now do the speed test again - any gain or still showing a poor result ?

http://www.speedtest.net/
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by R15VXR View Post
            Have you done a speed test recently ??

If not do one and record the figs, then switch off your router for 60secs and power back up, now do the speed test again - any gain or still showing a poor result ?

http://www.speedtest.net/
            download speed is 0.13mbps

upload speed is 0.36mbps

i'll turn it off and on and do it again

Comment

same download speed

upload speed now 0.33mbps

reg clean reckons i've got 368 errors but they want £20 can i get it free?
              smokinvxr
              VXR Torque of the Devil
              Last edited by smokinvxr; 25 June 2011, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Since when and have you made any changes that coincide with this? Flash updates etc?

Have a go at this - http://www.google.com/support/youtub...y?answer=56115

If you know of an update then it might be worth you considering doing a system restore to a date you knew it was 100% right
                tried doing a restore but i've got no back up points?

Comment

tried doing a restore but i've got no back up points?
                  Well that's another thing to sort but as for now it's your line speed that's killing everything - have you altered anything with the wiring, plugged a new phone in etc - have you got another filter that you could swap to test?
                  Could be a problem at the exchange but when you call your ISP they will ask you these type of questions so good to get them out the way now

Have you got any other PC's you could run a speed test from to confirm the poor speed?

Astra

Comment

Well that's another thing to sort but as for now it's your line speed that's killing everything - have you altered anything with the wiring, plugged a new phone in etc - have you got another filter that you could swap to test?
                    Could be a problem at the exchange but when you call your ISP they will ask you these type of questions so good to get them out the way now

Have you got any other PC's you could run a speed test from to confirm the poor speed?
                    ah just installed a new fax machine that must be it..... cheers

Comment

Just turn it off, wait ten seconds and turn the computer back on.
                      sigpic
                      Brutus is finally finished!! http://youtu.be/DYVkXRDnsVw

Comment

ah just installed a new fax machine that must be it..... cheers
                        nope it's not that it's not been hooked up yet

Comment

Originally posted by Nostradamus View Post
                          Just turn it off, wait ten seconds and turn the computer back on.
                          i keep losing internet connection so done that a million times it doesn't make video playing any better... gonna have to get my ghujarati translator out and have another chat with talktalk

Comment

i keep losing internet connection so done that a million times it doesn't make video playing any better... gonna have to get my ghujarati translator out and have another chat with talktalk
                            How 'bout ctrl+alt+delete?
                            sigpic
                            Brutus is finally finished!! http://youtu.be/DYVkXRDnsVw

Comment

Originally posted by Nostradamus View Post
                              How 'bout ctrl+alt+delete?
                              can't do that, i'm using an on screen keyboard, spilt tea on my computer and the keyboard stopped working

Comment

Working...
                              X