X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Console????

Which console and why ??

I want HD games and output, 5.1 sound. Xbox360 ? Wii ? wait for PS3? any others ??

Very confused!!
    Insignia VXR, quite nippy!

Firstly, the XBox (non-360) - Forget about it....old technology

The problem with the PS3 is that you wont have many games that make full use of the console's capabilities.. It usually takes 6 months before that start to flow, however, it does have major backing from some of the best software companies in the business.

The 360, on the other hand, is well established and there are some great games out there but its problem is that, IMHO, it does not rights to games such as Gran Torismo, Grand Theft Auto... probably the two best driving games EVER!!!

The Wii...Mmmm....that's a wierd one but again, Nintendo don't have the big developer companies behind them.

Now, if all three consoles were released on the same day...... I'd take a Playstation everytime.

caspy, just repeating hear to give it some stimulous

Comment

Maybe a younger crowd, still in bed shaking off the night before!!!

Comment

Actually, they are probably out washing their cars

Comment

You mean....they dont have a cleaner??? Strange

Comment

Comment

Caspy this really depends on the age of the people using this and if you have hdmi inputs....oh is it for you to save your virtual tyres...haha

As boss said now it would have to be 360 but wii is really aimed at a younger more versatile audience as per nintendos marketing strategy in the us and japan showing young children and grandparents battling it out....Nintendo have realised that they lose out to sony and microsoft in the age bracket of 18 to 35 and are aiming this console outside these boundaries which is why mario has sold so well world wide....

Again ps3 has magnificent architecture but will not utilise its full potential for at least 6 months which will take you into 3rd quarter 07...
              I think you will be looking at £350 plus aswell although you will be getting blueray i believe playing at 1080 progressive scan and not interlaced although dont hold me to this.....

I am looking at importing a 60 gb hdd ps3 shortly as the 60 gb hdd version has wireless connectivity whereas the 20 doesnt so if i get one seeing as your the kind man behind the blue beast ive ordered im sure you can borrow it .....

Dont forget though with the 360 if you are using a 360 and a hdmi dvd player as my denon is you will need 2 hdmi inputs as i have found out!!!

Wii click here
              http://wii.nintendo.com/

xbox360 click here
              http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/

ps3 click here
              http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/
              HeavenlyDetail
              Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

He's fully equiped now.... 360 I think

Comment

Yep...fully equipped with 360 and loads of gadgets. Best of which is wireless link, no grief at home because no wires and can now use content on PC via HD tv and Bose with no wires also!!!!

Played Gears of War no HD then HD, genuinely stunning difference!!

Might be worth having a Sunday Afternoon comparsion at Holb one day Marc...TV there is HD and wireless router!!!

Comment

Oooooooooohhhhh sounds like my idea of fun.....not march 1st though a little busy!!!!
                    HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmarc
                      Oooooooooohhhhh sounds like my idea of fun.....not march 1st though a little busy!!!!
                      I have a production date!!!!!! he he he!!!

Comment

teaser , teaser , teaser!!!
                        HeavenlyDetail

Comment

i know im waiting for the ps3, i know it'll take a while for the good titles to come out but its worth it in the long run, especially with the Blu-Ray drive built in.

And i can link it with my PSP....u can use it as a rear view mirror in Formula1 '07

Comment

Working...
                          X